MAUI makeup artist..rates? and other input appreciated! help!

xtinemelanie

Hi!!

I'm going to Maui in August for my brothers wedding. Our current makeup artist/hairdresser is charging $180 (hair and makeup) for bridesmaid. I think that A LOT to charge for bridesmaid hair and makeup.

Can anyone confirm that this is the going rate these days? I don't think I've ever paid that much!!!

ALSO..if you have recommendations for MUA's and hairdressers in MAUI or if you are one, please contact me!!
greengrin.gif

aeroSOUL

I charge 70 for a bridesmaid... but I don't do hair, but 180 for it... I wonder how much you have to pay for the bride then!
If the bride is paying 180+ then the extras shouldn't be as much, that's really far out..unless it's a very well known and can work magic, I think that's horrible.... a freelance is supposed to charge less than a salon.

Kuuipo

Maui is pretty sparse in the beauty dept. The are around the Grand Walea Hotels just past Kihei are the ritzier places.

xtinemelanie

The bride is being charged $200 for the whole package.. flowers in hair.. individual falsies. I dunno, I've seen the pics and the hair looked great, but the makeup was a bit meh. It made my future sis in law look old.. hmm looks like I'm on a quest to find a makeup artist..or else I might have to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroSOUL
I charge 70 for a bridesmaid... but I don't do hair, but 180 for it... I wonder how much you have to pay for the bride then!
If the bride is paying 180+ then the extras shouldn't be as much, that's really far out..unless it's a very well known and can work magic, I think that's horrible.... a freelance is supposed to charge less than a salon.

xtinemelanie

Yea, we were thinking of just going to the spa/salon in the W (since thats where the accomodations are.) When she sent me the quotes, I was really shocked and felt that we were being overcharged. times like this is when loving makeup helps!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
Maui is pretty sparse in the beauty dept. The are around the Grand Walea Hotels just past Kihei are the ritzier places.

Distinque

Trying call their Mac counter (only one counter and its in Macys) and book an appointment for a makeover with one of their artists. It seems like all of them do gigs on the side. I'll PM you on the ones I think do extremely great jobs.

Latest posts