Me and mehndi!

Lalli

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvador4dali
i would love to practice on you....but there's a small problem I live in London, UK!!

I live like 100 miles away in birmingham/leicester:p hehehe bring ya mehndi wiv u
greengrin.gif
cutey.gif

SeraphimRed

That's frikkin' awesome! I love watching other peoples applications.. I use a tooth pick normally.. What do you use?
wavey.gif

Janice

Wow, YOU ARE GORGEOUS! You did a great job with the makeup, love the hair & dress too. The mehndi is so amazing, you are very talented! Thanks for posting these images I love it when members share their mehndi artwork.
thmbup.gif

salvador4dali

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeraphimRed
That's frikkin' awesome! I love watching other peoples applications.. I use a tooth pick normally.. What do you use?
wavey.gif

Thanks! I use floristry wrap/cellophane and make cones, fill them up, seal the top, cut a little bit of the bottom where the tip is and then mehndi away! Its really time consuming and messy just making and filling the cones!

I learnt from some brilliant websites and used books for pattern ideas and started doing mehndi this june and seeing as no one was very willing to lend me their skin I had to just use paper!

kaliraksha

It is beautiful! I did ONE hand, seriously ONE hand one night and it took me 8 hours because I was making it up as I went along... turns out I guess I had bad henna b/c it came off in like 3 days... =(

salvador4dali

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryskies
Nice work. Can you recommend what websites you used?

Thanks! There are some amazing websites that explain how to do everything. I discovered www.hennapage.com - its my HG for mehndi! Its taught me everything I know, right from the science of mehndi right to pretty patterns - Its a wealth of information! Couple of months I discovered www.hennatribe.com - which is also really informative. Check them out!