Mixing Mac Paint and Creme Color Base ???

helenoftroy1

Hi: I am a newbie to this forums. I have read somewhere some makeup artist don't care for the Mac paints. They mix it with the creme color base to get the texture they want. I for one love the mac paint.

Can you give me some suggestion how to do this and which color combination you come up with. I really appreciate any tips or suggestion here.

Oh by the way what does FOTD mean?

Thanks again - Helen

Indian Barbie

I like combining paint and cream colour base under my eyeshadow. I put on a tiny bit of paint all over my eyelids, and a small amount of cream colour base on top of it.

Bare Canvas Paint and Luna Colour Base is a nice combo, especially under Vanilla eyeshadow, makes it really stand out!

FOTD = Face of the Day
EOTD - Eye of the Day

Marcita

The new MAC Paint Pots are supposed to be a combination of paints and CCB so that might be an answer to what you are asking about. They'll be at Nordstrom in July.

The MAC MA's I know love paints but I think it's an age thing. If you have any lines on your lids it can emphasize them. My niece was a MAC MA in Michigan and then in California a few years ago. In MI they used paints on everyone, in CA they used CCB on everyone!

helenoftroy1

Thank you for your recommendation. I will give it a try. Also, the abbreviation of FOTD or EOTD......
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Barbie
I like combining paint and cream colour base under my eyeshadow. I put on a tiny bit of paint all over my eyelids, and a small amount of cream colour base on top of it.

Bare Canvas Paint and Luna Colour Base is a nice combo, especially under Vanilla eyeshadow, makes it really stand out!

FOTD = Face of the Day
EOTD - Eye of the Day

helenoftroy1

Yes, I have heard the Nordstrom is coming out with paint pots. Can't wait to see the colors and see the consistancy of the paints.

Since the paint last so long. I figure I could give this a try with the creme color base. The only color base I have is shell. I will have to do some playing and see what color works great together. I live in the Pacific Northwest, they recommned the CCB.....

Since I have read, Mac users love the paints as eye shadow primer that what got me started. I have used UDPP, I can't use it. It dries out my lids. So I am back using Mac paints......... Thank you for your suggestion.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcita
The new MAC Paint Pots are supposed to be a combination of paints and CCB so that might be an answer to what you are asking about. They'll be at Nordstrom in July.

The MAC MA's I know love paints but I think it's an age thing. If you have any lines on your lids it can emphasize them. My niece was a MAC MA in Michigan and then in California a few years ago. In MI they used paints on everyone, in CA they used CCB on everyone!

MACATTAK

FOTD = Face of the Day
EOTD - Eye of the Day
Thanks so much for the above! I have wondered myself, but was shy to ask that. Thanks
smiles.gif

saniyairshad

Here are some of my fave looks with Paints:
*Pure Energy on the browbone, Architecture Paint on the lid, set w/ Aria, Sultress in the crease, Roustabout to line
*Bare Canvas Paint as a base, Lightscapade MSF as an allover wash (lashline to brow), Coco Pigment on lid into crease, & to line lower lashline, Satin Taupe in crease & outer part of lid, Knight Divine e/s used wet to line top lashline and a *wee* bit blended dry into the crease.
*Graphito paint all over as a smoky base (basically, just create a full-on smoky eye w/ Graphito), then buff a little Accent Red over the center of lid
*Bare Canvas Paint, Omega on lid, Woodwinked on outer corners, All That Glitters on inner corners.
*Amber Lights over Flammable Paint.