Movie theatre etiquette

user79

The kicking the seat this is sooooo rude and obnoxious. And people who whisper and giggle to each other during the movie is also really annoying. STFU!!!!

Lissa

I once went with a friend from Uni - she'd invited another girl too who annoyed me from the start with how loud she was eating the popcorn and rustling the pick'n'mix bag, especially during the quiet bits of the film. I nearly choked when her phone rang and she actually answered it and proceeded to have a conversation with someone for a couple of minutes. I was glaring at her but she carried on. I was so embarassed, particularly that people thought she was my friend.

gabi1129

i hate going to movies on weekends becuase of the reasons above as well as becuase teens try to sneak into R-rated movies. its a bunch of, can u get me in or lets just follow him. and then they are so damn loud! and i hate real music ringtones! they ruin every movie at some point. thats why if i go to the movies, i go during the week and before 5!

TIERAsta

talking in a movie is horrible.
cell phones in a movie are horrible.

but talking on a cell phone?

i couldn't believe it... not even whispering. just full-on carrying on a conversation. wtf? "hello. no, i'm at the movies. i'm watching the new die hard." blah, blah, blah.

and then someone threw popcorn at her...
and i have to admit it, i laughed
winks.gif

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieR429
I have gotten into a fist fight in a movie no lie.....I get MMAAAAAD

I'd say that ranks as outstandingly poor movie theatre etiquette in itself.

Enchantedcameo

I personally think popcorn should be banned. Because people don't know how to eat it properly. Or the one person who doesn't always happens to sit around me so all i hear during the move is crunch, crunch, smack, crunch. DRIVES ME NUTS!!! And the preteens that come in a posie and text and talk to whole flipping time. I have gone to the manager several times because of groups like that. Mind you I was in the same age range as those annoing kids. Hubby and I have Netflix its a lot cheaper and keeps us from wasting $20 bucks.

MACATTAK

Quote:
I personally think popcorn should be banned. Because people don't know how to eat it properly. Or the one person who doesn't always happens to sit around me so all i hear during the move is crunch, crunch, smack, crunch. DRIVES ME NUTS!!!

I TOTALLY agree with this. I've said it in a preveious post that it's like people forget how to eat when it comes to popcorn..and even chips, i.e. not closing their mouth when they eat these things. Don't forget your manners, and if you never had any to begin with, please GET some! It's rude and annoying.

chiquilla_loca

the last time i even went to a theater was to see Unborn, it even was a late night showing, and some nasty female kept burping & commenting out loud!
also, if you plan on entering the theater late & the movie has already started, be courteous if you have to pass in front of someone else's view, don't totally block people's view, and THEN take of your jacket, adjust your noisy snacks, & finally sit down!

Makeup Emporium

I do NOT go to the theater during the busy times. I actually go to see the early show every Saturday am (about 11 am).

First of all it is half price and second of all the theaters are almost empty! I can have a short fuse and any one of the things mentioned in the thread will set me off! So, I choose to go when it's almost empty mostly for my own sanity!!

Occasionally you will still get the rude talker but that is quickly silenced by my "Excuse me, but would you mind shutting the eff up so the rest of us can listen to the movie instead of your annoying voice"? Works every time!!
yes.gif

Brie

This is exactly why i never go to the cinema's anymore only the drive inn. Pople are too damn inconsiderate of others and i probably would have killed someone, lol. I mean for me and my bf to go see a movie here is (realistically) about $50, i do not want to pay that much to hear some bimbo giggle or scream her idiot bf can hold her tight.
ssad.gif

oh and people that don't get the jokes in movies and ask questions, omg, i saw Bride Wars at the cinema and these morons behind me didn't get any of it (its not a very complex movie). If any one has seen it ?? You know the scene when Kristen Johnston says pinot grigio (I think it was, a wine anyways) but says it, basically wrong very wrong. Which was the joke and then they were all talking about how they didn't get it was funny and that how they liked wine??WTF idiots

haha I'm a little ball of rage when it come to the movies

sweatpea559

I also don't think young children should be in movie theaters unless the movie is specifically aimed towards little kids.

One time I was at a scary movie... I think it was The Strangers and some people were screaming. Annoying but totally expected. Then there was some bitch sitting behind me and she screamed "Shut the fuck up if you can't hand it why the fuck did you come!?" I agree to a certain extent but geeze... she was so rude about it and her cussing was so much more distracting than the screams. That's just the kind of thing you keep to yourself!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
Or taking your shoes off and your feet smell, yup it's happened, more than once.

ALL THE TIME...its like, seriously this isn't your living room, just because its dark doesn't mean you can be a slob.