My acne log

pumpkincat210

gah! I know about prescription prices. For a 30 pills (a month's supply) of my bipolar medication abilify I pay $400 because I don't have insurance. Luckily my doctor's office helps me out and gives me free samples when they can. Have you asked your doctor or his receptionish about samples or a cheap prescription plan you could get on for now? Also i've heard you can write directly to the drug companies and some have programs where they give you free or discounted meds. It's worth a shot.
Also if it your meds are generic you could give walgreens prescription plan a try. Definitely check to see if your meds are on the list first. I'm on it for $20 for the year and I've seen a $40 amount drop on one of my prescriptions. So the plan has already paid for itself.
Acne really sucks, i have it and thankfully i got it under control, but it really hits your self esteem when i get break outs and that is related to all parts of your life. I hope your situation gets better soon!

Janice

Wow this post is almost 3 years old now!

Today I returned to the derm, without insurance, and dreading that it may be super expensive. Seeing the derm (who was AWESOME!) was only $50! She prescribed me 3 meds, an oral antibiotic called Doryx and 2 topical treatments Duac and Finecea.

She saw I was a "self pay" and even though I was prepared for the cost of filling the prescriptions she was super generous and gave me a full month worth of samples of each of the meds (maybe even two months on the Duac). So I am back on my way to having my skin under control and feeling better about representing this wonderful site and maybe even jumping in front of the camera for a site project I am working on.
greengrin.gif

killbill23

Acne suffers.

I urge you to take vitamin B5. I had really nasty cysts all over my cheeks for over six years. And after two weeks using B5 I was clear. You can google B5 if you want. It is now almost six months since my last B5 dose, but Im remaining clear. I am sooo happy. This vitamin really changed my life and my self confidence.

This really worked for me
smiles.gif

blindpassion

Janice, I know this thread is old, but maybe you could update us on how your acnes doing now and what worked / did not work over the past couple of years?
I hope your acne is better
smiles.gif
I have it, and I feel your pain.