My Custom Lip Palettes Pill Organizers PICS

Jillipede

I decided to do some lipstick organization. I purchased these pill organizers at Shopko for $1.59 each. I used nail polish remover on a cotton ball to remove the days of the week letters that were there and the letters came off pretty easily. I used a craft embossing tool / heat gun to melt the lipsticks. Some of the lustres melted very easily. The matte formulas melt quite slowly and with difficulty sometimes. What I did to melt them was I held the lipstick (still in the tube) upside down right above it's compartment where I wanted it to go in the pill box. I then gently heated the lipstick bullet with the heat gun and it would start to melt and drip into the compartment. I slowly turned the lipstick as I was heating it until all the bullet had melted and dripped into the pill box. I then used a paring knife to pop out the lipstick product that was left in the base of the lipstick tube. I pushed this remaining product into the melted liquid lipstick inside the pill compartment. I then gently heated the compartment until it was smooth and even. Some of the lipsticks, like the matte formulas, melted with such difficulty that the plastic of the pill box was melting so I didn't try to get them totally melted smoothly. As far as changing the lipstick or altering the product in some way by melting it, I figure it was melted once at the lipstick factory to get in into the lipstick mold, so melting it again can't hurt. To get the label off the bottom of the lipstick tube I blasted the sticker with my heat gun and it lifted away. I then used the tip of my paring knife to transfer the sticker to the pill box. One thing I discovered was after I got the lipstick melted into the compartment, the plastic lid would be softened slightly so I made sure to close it right away so as it cooled, the lid would be aligned properly. The plastic never actually melted/liquefied, but just softened. I feel like I will actually use my different lipsticks more now that I can see the colors. I usually use a lip brush to apply anyway. I can blend and mix colors inside the lids of the pill box as well. I melted both my MAC lipsticks as well as drugstore and other brands. Now I don’t have to look at all different colored tubes on my vanity. I like that I can travel with these easily too. As far as organizing colors goes, I did one palette where I made sure I had a nude, peach, pink, red etc. for travel. Bonus.. I got 2 B2M lipstick from doing this! Thanks for looking!

MsButterfli

this is so creative
smiles.gif