My first job EVER will be at MAC!

soaked

Well, first 'real' job. I've been doing freelance photography and makeup for a few years on my own but yeah, I'm super excited!!!! I was officially hired on Monday for a freelance position, I can't wait! The only thing I'm really iffy about is....and this is gonna sound so ridiculous LOL...is working with the cash registers! I don't want customers to see that I struggle with the register
ssad.gif
lol! I'm sure it's not as hard as I think it is but just thinking about what to do with returns, exchanges, credit card, gift card, checks....just make me go AHHHHHHHHHHH! LOL I know, I'm soo retarded hahah.

Anyway, I asked the manager if I will be getting my own brushes when I get called in and if I was going to get a discount and she said yes to both questions
greengrin.gif
anyone know how much the discount would be for freelancers? She didn't tell me how much I would get and I didn't want to ask, I guess to not make it look like that I only care to work there b/c of the discount or anything, I'm just curious. Also, anyone know how long it usually takes to get calls to start working after you sign papers? TIA!

btw, this site is seriously AMAZING! Extremely helpful with the demo interviews I had, you guys rock
greengrin.gif

Bernadette

congrat.gif

As a freelancer you probably won't even use the register. It might vary by location though.
There are a lot of useful posts in this section on hwo to be a great freelance and get yourself into a perm position asap
smiles.gif

FacesbyNiki

Most of the time freelancers do not work the register. You rotate your sales with the resident artist there and they ring up their own sales. Believe me, that is the best.