My new pet - a hedgehog!!

blazeno.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTAllStarGurl
SOOOO adorable!!! ^^ I'd like to know what they eat too

I've been told that they like to eat hard cat food.

woolyowl

Ohhhh hedgie! I hope you have a lot of fun with him.
I had one for years, he was so sweet. I miss him.
cry.gif

Miss Pumpkin

He is very friendly, specially considering he's an adult and hasn't been raised by humans!

He already knows our voices and although he gets scared with noises, he likes laying in bed with me, specially sniffing my hair!
yes.gif

He eats hard cat food, but we also got him a tin of special hedgehog food, kinda like the wet cat food. They love little worms as treats, too, so if he's a good boy we'll get him some.

Matt tried to feed him cornflakes but he doesn't like them as much as he does
th_LMAO.gif

Miss Pumpkin

He is very friendly, specially considering he's an adult and hasn't been raised by humans!

He already knows our voices and although he gets scared with noises, he likes laying in bed with me, specially sniffing my hair!
yes.gif

He eats hard cat food, but we also got him a tin of special hedgehog food, kinda like the wet cat food. They love little worms as treats, too, so if he's a good boy we'll get him some.

th_LMAO.gif

Miss Pumpkin

yes.gif

th_LMAO.gif

Miss Pumpkin

yes.gif

th_LMAO.gif

Miss Pumpkin

He already knows our voices and although he gets scared with loud noises, he likes laying in bed with me, specially sniffing my hair!
yes.gif

th_LMAO.gif

tara_hearts

omigosh <3 I'm in LOVE with him. Gossssh. I wish this thread was "Hedgehog needs loving home"
ssad.gif
Congratulations he is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life.

thelove4tequila

How cute! This may be a stupid question, but does his little prickly hairs hurt? Are they hard or soft? I have NO clue haha. I want one regardless!

blazeno.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
How cute! This may be a stupid question, but does his little prickly hairs hurt? Are they hard or soft? I have NO clue haha. I want one regardless!

From what I remember about petting a hedgehog it doesn't hurt if you brush it in the right direction. In '92 there was this whole hedgehog craze because of Sonic the Hedgehog and people would sell them to kids so I guess they couldn't hurt too bad if they did. I even remember a man rolling one around in his hands like a koosh ball.

almmaaa

hes cute I thought there body was prickly and a person could not hold one? So u guys are going to keep it?

oulala

I never should have opened this thread. I can't have a hedgehog, so it's torturous.

He is TOO CUTE!!

kristina ftw!

Oh, I LOVE hedgehogs! I used to go looking for them in the garden when I was little
smiles.gif
I couldn't take them inside though - I think keeping them as pets is illegal here. Such a shame
ssad.gif

KittyKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pumpkin
... he likes laying in bed with me, specially sniffing my hair!
yes.gif

OMG that's soooo cute!

Pei

OMG! I want one!!!
He's super adorable! Awww~

If only we could have it here =(

Miss Pumpkin

I've got very bad news...
ssad.gif
About a couple hours ago my boyfriend found our poor Eddie dead in the bed I had made for him
ssad.gif
He was an elder hedgehog and he didn't make it thru hibernation... I'm soooooo sad and I've had tears in my eyes since, I only had him 2 months but he was so cute...

At least he died loved and warm in his bed and not run over by a car like most hedgies die... But I'll miss him.
ssad.gif