My new vanity and all it contains (fairly img heavy)

megz212445

I went to Ikea yesterday and picked myself up a new vanity and storage unit for my ever growing collection! Here's the new setup in its entirety:
DSC05776.jpg

The vanity is HEMNES and the storage thingy is ALEX, if you were wondering. Now onto what all this stuff actually IS... (and mind you my collection is nowhere near some of you girls...but being 16 with a limited expendable income sort of prohibits my collection from getting too huge)

The top of the vanity:
DSC05777.jpg

In the clearish white thing I've got some miscellaneous small palettes, makeup remover, cotton swabs, and lip liners. In the drawer under it is mascara. In the clear thing on the left is an eyelash curler, tweezers, a brow pencil, pencil eyeliners, clean brushes and spot-cleaned brushes. Then I've got face brushes right there in the middle, along with primers, kabukis, and (behind the mirror) NYX jumbo shadow pencils. I've got my light (2 more to be installed behind the mirror) and the rag I use to clean off my brushes, and up on top there is baby shampoo, contact solution, brush cleanser, and dirty brushes.

The storage unit:
DSC05778.jpg

Like I said before, this is the ALEX 9 drawer storage unit. On top are just perfumes.

First drawer:
DSC05779.jpg

This is my (still unorganized) drawer of lippies.

Second drawer:
DSC05780.jpg

I've got my loose shadows in the back, then small quads and single shadows, and in the front there are cream products.

Third drawer:
DSC05781.jpg

In the back I've got tools and some misc pigments and glitters (which you can't really see because they're short). In the front there are liquid liners and cream liners, and on the right there are some larger eyeshadow quads.

Fourth drawer:
DSC05782.jpg

In the very back are cream blushes, then on the left are highlighters and concealers, and moving to the right are bronzers and powders.

Fifth drawer:
DSC05783.jpg

In the back are blushes, front holds foundations.

Sixth Drawer:
DSC05784.jpg

Palettes, pretty self explanatory.

Seventh Drawer:
DSC05785.jpg

Nail polish.

Eighth drawer:
DSC05786.jpg

Brush belt, makeup bag, empty cases, some small jars.

Ninth drawer (we've reached the end!):
DSC05787.jpg

Some empty plastic dividers.

So there we go. That's my collection and its storage!!

littlepickle

Holy.... WOW. You should have seen my face when I scrolled down to the lippy drawer! Nice collection! I love your set up too
smiles.gif
Very jealous.

ruthless

Cute socks! I'm almost twice your age and I wish I was half as organized as you are, should be very proud of your stash!

RandomnessWithK

i love your collection and your set up!

i love the tower drawers! LOVE it!
smiles.gif

i have a question - did you get those bins from ikea too (the tiny ones that are inside each drawer?)

shontay07108

That's the exact same storage unit I want from IKEA. I wish they had it in different colors. I'm hoping I can pick it up in the next few weeks b/c my collection is growing rapidly.

megz212445

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomnessWithK
i love your collection and your set up!

i love the tower drawers! LOVE it!
smiles.gif

i have a question - did you get those bins from ikea too (the tiny ones that are inside each drawer?)

the little bins are from wal-mart...they're 2-3 for $1...we got some for the kitchen as well and spent less than $10 total.