Nail Polish on Brushes????

hotmodelchiq

I always see nail polish or paint on the bottom of MAC brushes @ the store or counter. No one else does this...(lancome, bobbi brown, etc...) I'm sure the answer is soooooooooo obvious but I always forget to ask when I'm there!!!

lara

It's to identify which brushes belong to which people, and to prevent people from helping themselves to someone else's brushes.

lsperry

This is off topic, but hotmodelchiq I love your eye and hair. Can you pm me what you used on your eyes or list it here?

Back on topic. That's a good idea to put nailpolish on them to keep them from sticky fingers. I'll have to do this one day. LOL...

driz69

Does anyone know if you took nail polish remover to get the polish off the end of the brush will this harm the brush and ruin the finish

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by driz69
Does anyone know if you took nail polish remover to get the polish off the end of the brush will this harm the brush and ruin the finish

It'll remove the finish off of it. I would not recommend this.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by driz69

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
It'll remove the finish off of it. I would not recommend this.

exactly! it removes the black lacquer finish from the handle. chip the polish off with your fingernail instead.

LMD84

sometimes i think it would be cute to cover the tps of my brushes with glitter - but then i'm scared of messing it up and wrecking the brush!
tong.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
sometimes i think it would be cute to cover the tps of my brushes with glitter - but then i'm scared of messing it up and wrecking the brush!
tong.gif

iagree.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
tong.gif

I think that could be done by painting the end with some white glue (the kind that dries to transparent) and sprinkling loose glitter on.

Or if you use a glittery nail polish you don't have to worry about it being rough of having to do a finishing layer to make it smooth.
winks.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Yep. Like depotting
winks.gif
Will I ever start?

You can do it Susanne! I started depotting almost immediately when I started buying MAC eyeshadows, and it was surprisingly easy. I think the scary accounts of ruined shadows have a lot to do with the unpredictability of the heat process that most use. Enkore's alcohol method, which is what I do, is really very easy.
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Yep. Like depotting
winks.gif
Will I ever start?

bless you! i started about 1.5 years ago and never looked back!
smiles.gif
i use the heat method and only had one issue where i chipped something - it was a blush and the first time i did it. everything else has been perfect. and it's quick!

amber_j

Quote:
tong.gif

There was a video on YT ages ago showing how to do this. It looked really cute. You should do it! If you don't have white glue (Copydex?) I think she used nail polish in a complimentary shade, sprinkled glitter over that while it was still wet and then sealed it with top coat after everything had dried.

Quote:
Yep. Like depotting
winks.gif
Will I ever start?

Oh, Susanne! I'm going to have to come over there and spend the day depotting your e/s and blushes!
yes.gif

xbuttonsx

Quote:
Yep. Like depotting
winks.gif
Will I ever start?

Me and you are on the same boat babe!! One day we will
tong.gif

StyleDemonXoXo

Quote:
tong.gif

I actually did this to a theBlam brush lol. It was black with a cute kissy lips logo so I wanted to cover it with clear polish so it wouldn't fade away, but as I was covering the logo it started to wipe off and it looked yucky! Ugh lol. So I ended up covering the whole handle with OPI Abs. Alice and it looks sooo cute and glam. The only thing is once u do it, u cant undo it lol.

franken_stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeknee
I just did it to personalize mine lol.

Haha, yup! That's exactly why I did it too. Plus I was probably just procrastinating on something else at the time.

brushessml-vi.jpg

The color of my laptop case is pretty true to real life, but for some reason the nail polish is not! That's OPI Teal the Cows Come Home. Real pretty
smiles.gif

Latest posts