naming pets

LMD84

well done Kimmy for rescuing her!
smiles.gif
and it;s good to know that she gets on well with nessie
smiles.gif

our first cat annie was a rescue cat so she already had her name and it was cute so didn't want to change it - we call her annie fanny!
smiles.gif
and dylan is called dyaln because it was my second fave boys name but nick said he;d never call a child that. so i thought if i can't call a child dylan i shall call my kitty dylan insted!

i quite like giving cats people names - don't knwo why.... maybe it's because i feel like they're actual people or something!

FiestyFemme

We have 2 puppies, Twilight and Halo. While we didn't name Twilight, coincidentely we both love the Twilight series. Halo is the hubby's favorite video game, and it was thrown out there as a joke, but it ended up sticking.

highonmac

Aww, I am so proud of you. My boyfriend found three cats in his yard that were sleeping in the gazebo in the thunder storm. Someone had the nerve to just leave them. He looked around the fence outside and saw there was a little opening and a big box. He assumed someone just dumped them there. Those cats were beautiful and so badly treated. One was a gorg persian kitty that looked terribly abused and the other was a tortie and was also feisty. The thrid was the cutest thing in the world. He was a kitten! Dark grey with ice blue eyes! He was about 4 weeks old and was playing in the yard! It was dreadful! I took care of all three but my boyfriend had two dogs and his mother refused to take them in! I wanted one but I already had two in a building that doesn't allow pets! We did take care of them for a while and found homes for all of them! His neighrbors took in the tortie, and now they have six cats!

Anyways enough about my story! THe puppie is adorable and beautiful! Love the breed. I like Luna or Lola for a name. Always liked those kinds of names! Good Luck and takes tons of pictures, I am sure someone of us would love to see the pretty puppies!

kimmy

i've been bringing her out regularly and she was trying to play with nessie a while ago. i hate to keep them seperate, but i don't want them to start playing and nessie unintentionally make the puppy's knee injury worse because she likes to play rough.

also, we found last night that she likes my boyfriend's pug.
smiles.gif
that's always good! he's got a gang of bitches now.
winks.gif

highonmac, when i was a kid, my mom found some stray cat who had kittens. my dad was furious when he came home to find a bunch of little kitties lapping up milk from saucers on the kitchen floor (he's highly allergic to them) but he let us keep them until they grew up and we found homes for them.

blindpassion

My family is really unoriginal with names.

Our first dog was Chelsea, my rabbits are Cooper and Bella (Cooper was adopted and came with that name), our bird is Jesse, and our new dog is Sara.

We are lame. lol

Beautiful dog by the way
smiles.gif
Good luck.

ashleydenise

Ginger is a cute name for her, she's so freaken adorable. I want another puppy!!

My pup's name is Tulah, it means strength which I didn't know until after i picked it, but it's perfect cause my ex found her on the side of the railroad tracks with her momma and siblings =[ We kept her but couldn't keep the others =[

kaliraksha

Kimmy, how did you guys pick both your dog's names? I love Ginger... it reminds me of the first dog that I really felt was "mine"... I have a Zelda and a Link for puppy names... mostly because my boyfriend and I wanted something different and we both enjoy video games.

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Kimmy, how did you guys pick both your dog's names? I love Ginger... it reminds me of the first dog that I really felt was "mine"... I have a Zelda and a Link for puppy names... mostly because my boyfriend and I wanted something different and we both enjoy video games.

my other dog, nessie, is named after the loch ness monster.
winks.gif
she was untitled for a few days after i got her because nothing seemed to fit...she doesn't have the typical german shepard demeanour (she's extremely high strung) so the common names for dogs like her just didn't fit.

it ended up well because my mom used to get really mad when she would tear things up and she'd always say my dog was a monster. everyone knows that nessie is not a monster, they even have shirts to prove it.
smiles.gif

my tarantula is named after a hockey player, two of my cats are named after cats in my favourite disney movies at the time of their inception into the family, and my third cat is named holly because she likes to arch her back like a halloween decoration. my snake is called spot because she has a spotted face.
greengrin.gif

ginger9

I thanked you for your post because I think it's wonderful for you to take her in
smiles.gif
and then I read on and realized you had called her Ginger
tong.gif
that's awesome!! She sounds like a real sweetie (I'd bet she looks like one too, can't see [pics right now since I'm at work)

DILLIGAF

Ginger is the LUCKIEST dog EVER!!!!!!! Thank you kimmy for being a decent human being when others aren't.

My cats were both strays. Rover was a kitten that used to live outside in my yard. I didn't want pets so I used to feed him but leave him out there. However there was a hurricane coming and there was no way I could leave a kitten roughly the size of my hand outside. So I took him in and he's been inside ever since. Named him Rover because he acted like a dog. He would follow you, come when called, etc. Now Rover is entirely a cat
lol.gif
Spot was another stray that we caught coming in the window and eating Rovers food. My roommate at the time decided since I had a cat she wanted one too. So Spot entered our home. His name was easy as he has 2 spots on his back. Now my small home consists of myself and my 2 boys.