Nars Body Glow Dupe?

onezumi

I got a free Nars Body Glow and unfortunately (for my wallet) I really like it. It is quite expensive...are there any good dupes out there? I'd rather buy more paint pots and pigment just now if I can save on this...

MsCocoa

I'd like to know too, I've seen similar oils with shimmer in but if possible I'd like one with a similar scent.

MsCocoa

Thanx for the link Nuxe have a few...a dry oil spray, dry oil, and a dry gold oil all for face body and hair.

Dreamergirl3

I've tried this in sephora and though I loved it, it was simply not worth the price IMO. I was searching for a dupe as well and though I couldn't really find one (at least one that was less than 40-30USD) I did find a 'recipe' to make your own dupe.

Vagabond Beauty: VB's Beauty Tip of the Week: Summer’s Secret Sauce Recipe #1 - D.I.Y. Bronzing Shimmer Oil a.k.a. How to Fake a Tan Hella Fast

Personally, I'd probably skip the foundation but that's just me. Also, I like that if you order your monoi oil from monoi.com, it's available in different scents. I also like the fact that you can probably use whatever shimmer powder you like, in whatever color (finally a use for all my mineral samples!)
anyway, thought I'd share
smiles.gif

MsCocoa

^^^I was thinking of doing something similar, I remember reading an article (in Elle I think) where Beyonce said she crushed bronzers and added them to dry oil but this sounds alot better!

I might swap the foundation for a liquid bronzer or something.

onezumi

Oh hey that Nuxe stuff looks good...and also what a great idea that recipe is! I might try making that. I agree that a liquid bronzer might work better. Hmmm...

Madonna

If you check out Sephora's site, there's a LE mini combo set of both the Monoi Body Glow I & II. They're about 1 oz each though. If I remember right, it's going for about $35. Still a little pricy, but then again I only use mine once in awhile.

Hi, just joined this site, love it. I found www.gleambymelaniemills.com
the rose gold is amazing and a huge tube of it is $40 but it lasts and covers - once dry it stays on beautifully, you still have to be careful - transfer resistant so no rubbing legs hard against anything. Check it out, they show love to the deeper skins too

MarieMary

Nuxe's oil is amazing. But it's different from the Nars Body Glow.
Nuxe doesn't smell nearly as good as Nars Body Glow. I find Nuxe oil absorbs more quickly into the skin. Nuxe comes in a spray which is more convenient. And it's cheaper for sure.

I've been using Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (the regular oil) for years, and I really recommend it.