NARS lipgloss ......opinions please!!

MACreation

I'm trying to find a match to some MAC lipglass colors, do any of NARS lip gloss match these close? Also, what do you think of the NARS gloss? How do they compare (or not) to the MAC ...Thanks!!

Bubbles

I havn't found any colours that are similar. I like NARS glosses, they are thin texture and not sticky although they don't last as long as MAC lipglass.

Sanne

I saw a pic once where someone showed the nymphete lipglaas next to the nars orgasm lipgloss, and they were pretty simular, only mac had more gold in it.

rouquinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
I havn't found any colours that are similar. I like NARS glosses, they are thin texture and not sticky although they don't last as long as MAC lipglass.

i agree with Bubbles.

i've been wearing my NARS Orgasm gloss since i got it in the mail last week, and it really doesn't last as long as my lip glass.

in fact, i think i'll switch back to Sunny Boy today!

greengrin.gif

mrsdivajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouquinne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles

i agree with Bubbles.

i've been wearing my NARS Orgasm gloss since i got it in the mail last week, and it really doesn't last as long as my lip glass.

in fact, i think i'll switch back to Sunny Boy today!

greengrin.gif

YOu know, for the price, I've been disappointed in NARS gloses overall. I returned my orgasm because even tho I am a PPP it didn't show up, and was almost EXACTLY like nympette on my lips...also, it doesn't last as long. So I say the quality is better w/ MAC and cheaper, so you can buy MORE...gotta love that...just IMHO!

Juneplum

ditto mrsdivajen... i'm SOOO disappointed in the nars orgasm lipgloss and nars glosses overall.. don't like the texture, it disappears way too quickly, and for the price i'll stick to me belove MAC!

Arlossiel

Honestly, I prefer NARS to MAC lipglass. I seem to be a minority in my opinion, though, judging by the opinions here and the looks I got at the counter when I said I wasn't all that fond of lipglass. It's just so sticky on me and wears off after about 10 minutes, whereas NARS is a more tolerable texture. The staying power is inconsistent though, as it varies from shade to shade.

RougedAndReady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlossiel
Honestly, I prefer NARS to MAC lipglass. I seem to be a minority in my opinion, though, judging by the opinions here and the looks I got at the counter when I said I wasn't all that fond of lipglass. It's just so sticky on me and wears off after about 10 minutes, whereas NARS is a more tolerable texture. The staying power is inconsistent though, as it varies from shade to shade.

ITA. I love MAC but Lipglass textures strike me as too sticky. NARS actually lasts longer on me since it doesn't stick to everything and it's mama, and I like the colors better. Some MAC lipglasses are just too shimmery/chunky. Only drawback is that since it's unscented, this makes the formula unstable and the glosses start to smell like plastic really fast. But its tolerable imo