NARS Strada

honeyjr

I was in Sephora the other day and happened to swatch Strada (amethyst infused with gold) single eyeshadow on the back of my hand. It was absolutely gorgeous!
I'm just curious to know if it's just as great looking and how the staying power is on the eyes.

TIA

aziajs

That's a good question. I have Strada. It's gorgeous but I have never worn it so I wonder myself how it holds up. I know I have put it on to test out some eyeshadow combos and from what I can remember it looks the same on as it does in the pot/case.

thelove4tequila

How funny! I was in Sephora yesterday and saw Strada and fell in love with the color also!! It reminds me of Trax but waaaaaay better/prettier. I'm planning on ordering it soon but I HOPE Nars has good staying power.

aziajs

I am going to use this shadow today and test it out. I'll probably use UDPP, a Paint or Paint Pot as a base. I'll report back. I may even take a pic or two.

honeyjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I am going to use this shadow today and test it out. I'll probably use UDPP, a Paint or Paint Pot as a base. I'll report back. I may even take a pic or two.

Pretty pleeeeeeease take some pics. I really want to know how the staying power is. Nars shadows are so d**n expensive, I don't want to waste $26 CAD for one single eyeshadow!
ohboy.gif

Kuuipo

I wore Strada over the Penelope creme shadow and got 20 hours without fading from application to the end of my busy work shift. I find that the creme makes the shadow stay on longer and truer than the Urban Decay Primer-which makes me itchy.

lethaldesign

This is one of the few NARS shadows I own (not because I don't love them, but because I always end up blowing my $$ on MAC LE stuff).

I LOVE this shadow. When applied to the lid, the color looks exactly as it does in the compact. And the staying power is AWESOME. I did my eyes up one evening, went out to a club, didn't wash my face (shame on me, I know), &the next morning, the Strada was still going strong. Its a beautiful shade, I would definitely recommend it if you like purples.

Temptasia

^ I agree.

You have to pat it on to get the true color and definite over a cream base to get some lasting power.

SerenityRaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensbarbie1017
I Loooove this shadow. BUt i do find if you overblend it, it gets very grayish

I hate that part about it & it also loses the sparkle/shimmer
ssad.gif

What MAC shadows have you guys paired this color with?