Natural Haircare

SagMaria

I just bought a shampoo and conditioner from the Avalon Organics range, I beleive it was the Ylang Ylang Mica ones and I used the conditioner on my hair tonight and I found that the conditioner was very runny
and watery, I had to put tons on my medium length hair and my hair didn't feel soft after either. Can any ladies who use natural haircare recommend me some prodcts including shampoo, conditioner and styling products.
Natural only!! Thanks!!
wavey.gif

V15U4L_3RR0R

Check out Ojon and MOP. They do really awesome hair products. Personally though I'm a Lush girl all the way.

cdnaddict

i recently bought aubrey organics GPB shampoo and conditioner during my search for silicone-free products (NB: despite what you've heard, it is not necessary to totally eradicate silicone from your regimen; in my case, its better to have some, but not all). the shampoo is a little weird: its pretty liquid-y and has grains in it (weird, i know). but i use quite a bit of it and make sure to massage my scalp fully. the conditioner leaves my hair in great condition: shiny and smooth. both products are sulfate, paraben, and silicone free. my hair is quite bouncy and soft since i've used them. pretty pricey ($13 CAD at loblaws) but i find it worth it!

i have also tried products by nature's gate... specifically the moisturizing lemon verbena and chamomile s&c. used together they actually dried out my hair, which is a shame cuz i LOVE the smell. the GPB line doesn't do that at all. good luck!

EDIT: the strong smell of the shampoo has been causing me migraines. i can still use the conditioner, though

sweetsweettart

i am really into gentle and natural/organic stuff especially for my hair. some good things i've come across
Brocato Cloud 9 shampoo (sulfate free)
regis Olive oil deep conditioning mask
jessicurl deep conditioning treatment
jojoba oil
giovanni hair line

Applegreen

My hair is mid-length, fine and wavy. Here are some natural products that I like:

- ABBA Crème Moist shampoo (sulfate-free & very gentle)
- Al'chemy (or A'kin) Ylang Ylang shampoo (sulfate free, pretty gentle)
- Al'chemy (A'kin) conditioners (I've tried and loved Macadamia & Wheat, Avocado & Calendula and Unscented)
- Lavera Mango Milk shampoo (nice & gentle, smells lovely)
- MOP C-System Hydrating shampoo (again, sulfate free and extremely gentle)
- MOP C-System Hydrating conditioner (creamy, lovely, adds a lot of shine!)
- Phyto 9 leave-in (HG!! I use this on dry ends and lengths - softens, moisturizes, adds bounce and shine without weighing hair down)
- cold-pressed avocado and hempseed oils mixed in small amounts into almost any conditioner: avocado moisturizes, gives bounce and shine while hempseed strengthens... as a combo they really rock!

I've also tried Honeysuckle Rose shampoo & cond by Aubrey Organics, but really hated them. The shampoo is way too harsh and the conditioner does absolutely nothing. Dr. Hauschka's shampoos are nothing special either.

(:KrIsTy:)

coconut oil is really good for your hair, what about carols daughter (i think what the brand is called )

Latest posts