New Freelancer/On-call; when can I start?

I signed all my paperwork the Wednesday before last, 12-5-07, and have not heard anything yet. Should I contact someone (the guy that did all my paperwork w/ me) to ask what the status is? Should I start going around and talking to managers now?

Also, any other advice/tips to make myself stand out a bit more to the managers when I introduce myself? I've already met the majority of them in the area when I went around w/ my resume and what not....should I mention that to them that it's on file, etc?

Thanks for any advice!

FacesbyNiki

I had to wait 2 weeks and then where I put my paperwork in she called me for work. But yes, go back and reintroduce yourself to them and let them know you are now available.
smiles.gif

Bernadette

Check to make sure that your paperwork has been processed. Then, go around and re-introduce yourself to the managers and leave your availability. Maybe write it down on something before you get there and just hand it to them. Also let them know that you do want to become permanent. Ask if there is a time in the month when they would suggest that you call in order to see if they have any available hours.
Don't expect to get called, go ahead and call them around the time they say their schedule will be getting finished.
Good luck!