Newbie here...

charismaticlime

... and already pissed. The first thing I tried to do on this forum once I registered was post a question in the FAQ section. I realized one of them was closed to new topics so I tried the other section. Still didn't work. :confused: So instead I ask why it wouldn't work on the Shoutbox. I come back to the board hours later to find plenty of people talking, but none of them reply to my question.
angry.gif
Then today, I try to reply to review through a quick response. When I go back to the topic, it disappears!
WTF2.gif
I decide to use the "post reply" button and try again, but it says that I already made a response in that forum, yet for some reason, I can't see it! If this doesn't work, I'm quitting this board.

Oh, and hello to anyone who sees this.

Indigowaters

WELCOME! I had some of the same frustrations when I first started too. Don't worry. (You'll have a new signature in about 2 weeks +, trust me) You have to wait a second for your message to show up or go back to the thread and it might be there.

glittergoddess27

Hi and welcome!.. Sorry that you have had such frustration. If you have questions about MAC it can be posted as a topic in MAC Chat and if is about anything else you might try General Makeup Discussion or Reccomendations,..also a tip,..the answer to your questions may already be out there,.. try searching the forum for related topics.

charismaticlime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
WELCOME! I had some of the same frustrations when I first started too. Don't worry. (You'll have a new signature in about 2 weeks +, trust me) You have to wait a second for your message to show up or go back to the thread and it might be there.

Thanks, it's a relief to know I'm not the only one. I've been checking the thread a few times already and there's still no sign of my post (it's a review for MAC eyeshadow in Expensive Pink). I'm thinking that it's either because I posted in "Quick Reply" or haven't posted here first that it wouldn't show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergoddess27
Hi and welcome!.. Sorry that you have had such frustration. If you have questions about MAC it can be posted as a topic in MAC Chat and if is about anything else you might try General Makeup Discussion or Reccomendations,..also a tip,..the answer to your questions may already be out there,.. try searching the forum for related topics.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did do a search on what I was looking for, but I gave up after awhile because most of the results included either one of the words instead of the phrase.

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by charismaticlime
Thanks, it's a relief to know I'm not the only one. I've been checking the thread a few times already and there's still no sign of my post (it's a review for MAC eyeshadow in Expensive Pink). I'm thinking that it's either because I posted in "Quick Reply" or haven't posted here first that it wouldn't show up.

My review for Samoa Silk hasn’t shown up yet either
ssad.gif

Juneplum

All review posts are moderated by the admins which means that we review and approve them before they are posted to the board. As Glittergoddess said, you can always do a search within any froum for a particular item.

We have a sub forum called Asked & Answered here:

http://specktra.net/forumdisplay.php?f=256

which has many great threads on popular topics. If you still have any other questions, you can always pm a moderator or admin for help. That's what we're her for! You can see the list of admins and mods here:

http://specktra.net/showgroups.php

Your thread about expensive pink is here:

http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=52459

and you have received replies to it. Our members are extremely helpful, and even though you may not get a reply at the exact moment you post a question, they will be answered.

Janice

I just approved both of your reviews. Admins are on throughout the day and are the only staff that approved new replies and threads in the "reviews" moderation queue.

My apologies for your frustrations, I've moved this thread to suggestions and questions because it might be helpful to other new members who are experiencing the same issues.

Some forums are moderated, and thus your replies will not be "live" until an Admin reviews the queue and approves the posts waiting. Your signature should be in your UserCP, but some members have been experiencing problems editing or creating one. I have contacted the software developer to see how this can be resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charismaticlime
I decide to use the "post reply" button and try again, but it says that I already made a response in that forum, yet for some reason, I can't see it! If this doesn't work, I'm quitting this board.

Sometimes I've noticed the forum gets hung up when I post something and the post doesn't display, however when I refresh the thread the post does indeed appear at the bottom.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions even though it most likely does nothing to alleviate your frustration. Just remember the staff is here for any support you need, feel free to contact us!