Nico

Iridescence

I just bought Urban Decay's Nico blush hoping that it would give me a glowy look but it doesn't show up at all on my pale skin!!!! I even tried it over a bronzer and no luck!

Any recs?

Ethel

Note for the future, Nico wasn't known for wearing very much makeup at all, so when makeup companies name a product after her it usually it means very little pigment.

martygreene

I believe you may have meant NARS? UD doesn't to my knowledge have a blush of this name, but NARS does. It is a very fair natural slight flush, which works quite well for gentle highlighting on medium skintones, and on very fair skintones it gives a nice natural warmpth that appears to come from within.

marie1976

yes that's Nars, but i think it is much as a highlighter than a blush.
and i prefer albatross than nico

hotti82

yeah...i work for nars and marie is right; it's more of a highlighter...if you layer it over south or palm beach multiple it can really add depth to fair skin...give it a shot..

justdance

I don't Know about you guys but when I use it on my NW25 skin it doesn't at all show up as a higlighter, or blush, or anything else. I use it everyday as a setting powder and it just looks so pretty. It makes my makeup last all day and my face doesn't get cakey, oily, or looked like I have a matte powdery face going on. It just gives a really pretty glow to the face.

3jane

I love Nico!!! It looked sort of blah in the pan, but it gave me this wonderful, subtle definition... somewhere between a blush and a highlighter on my skin. (About NARS Deauville intensity, but with a Mediterranean olive tinge to it.) For me, it's great for a no-makeup look and makes my cheekbones look fantastic-- polished and really defined. I like it tons better than Albatross, which is pretty, but too much too use all over your cheeks.

mandycd

My MA suggested using Nico to set concealer... that's what I use it for now and i am really happy with it.

3jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Gave it two more tries, still not the best imo. There are far prettier blushes/highlighters out there.

that's unfortunate
ssad.gif
maybe it depends on skin-tone?

otoh, I've been trying like heck to make Albatross work for me all week, but I always end up looking like a greaseball, even with the lightest application.