NYC Mineral Makeup

chocolategoddes

Oh really?

Official NYC website

I've seen ads where NYC compares their product to higher quality brands. They now have a new line of mineral makeup that they're pimping out. NYC even compares their mineral foundation to BE. Now, after using two or three different NYC products, I was convinced that their stuff was absolute CRAP. Do you think this mineral makeup line will be any good? Has anyone actually tried it?

TIA
winks.gif

Simply Elegant

I have and basically it really sucks. Not much coverage, not buildable, really powdery and chalky and fake looking, brush is a joke.

camarokaty68

Hey there, I am a loyal Bare Minerals user and have been for about 3 years. I was running a little short on cash this week and needed an emergency foundation to finish out the week before i could go grab another $25 bottle of my bare minerals foundation. My sister, also a loyal bare minerals user, suggested i should try the NyC mineral makeup, it was only 5 bucks a pop so i figured sure why not i am only loosing 5 dollars. I will admit I was very timid to purchase the product due to disappointment in the past very cheaply made products and their lack in longivity of daily wear. I have been using the nyc makeup for about a week and much to my surprise it has been pretty good for an over the counter drug store makeup. It didn't oil or gunk up in the corners of my nose, even my bare minerals would do that occasionally. It was nice and light and i definately thought it was well worth $5. A few weeks ago I ordered the Raw Minerals, total mistake and scam, the deal where you get to try it for free and after a month they charge you $90 if you want to keep it. That was the worst makeup I have ever tryed, I used it and on the first day I had the worst acne i have had since high school using liquid makeup. Thanks to my proactive it was gone away in approx. 4 days!!! It was horrid, the brushes smelled bad and it gunked up and smeared horribly. I was amazed that the NyC mineral wear was such a better product. I think that I liked the natural veil the best it is in comparison to the mineral veil of bare minerals.....i compared the color, textures and ingredients and they were essientially the same. I am going to finish out what I bought and see if it continues to be as good as I am thinking it is. I would definately reccomend this product for those who need emergency mineral wear, ran out of their usual, or those who cannot spend the $$$pricey bucks on some of the mineral wear out there. I definately do not recomend the loreal mineral wear it was horrible and made my face soooo oily and patchy. I hope i could help anyone out there, you should give it a try, it might work for you and might not, everyone is different!
smiles.gif
byee

Lily_Lyla

I love it!
The one I have matches my skin perfectly.
It's the only thing I have that doesn't break me out.
It's never been cakey and it looks radiant.
It was good for £3.99
I also quite like their blushes.

For reference I have the:
Naturals Smooth Mineral Loose Foundation Powder(with SPF 12) in Natural Light
Naturals Smooth Mineral Loose Blush Powder (with SPF 12) in Almost Apricot

The brush is a joke so I use an Kabuki brush and then spray it with Fix+ and it's the best foundation I've used.
I think it works best on the paler range of skin tones.

stronqerx

i haven't tried it, but i wouldn't be surprised if it was good. I never really paid attention to NYC, if i buy drugstore, i usually go to nyx, covergirl, h.i.p. I just always thought that NYC brand looked so cheap due to their packaging. But they had a BOGO sale and i decided to get a nailpolish and i purchased their loose powder, and omg lemme tell you ! that stuff works, it set my foundation beautifully and it didnt break me out..now i wanna try out this mineral line lol

ranifaye

I recently picked up the NYC Smooth Mineral Pressed Powder in 692A Natural Beige based on the following review:

My Beauty Spot: N.Y.C Smooth Mineral pressed foundation powder

and I personally really like it! In the review Elizabeth compares it to Everyday Minerals. While I do love mineral makeup, I do find that the loose powder aspect is a pain for me... the mess & the difficulty of trying to travel with it is rough. The pressed powder NYC has to offer is surprisingly not bad, especially at a wallet-friendly price of around $5-6, depending on where you get it.

I wear it alone for days I want light coverage or to set my liquid foundation. The pressed powder makes it easy for touch ups too throughout the day, so I keep it in my purse along with a retractable kabuki. I do agree that the brush that it comes with is utterly disgusting though.