o gloss - intuitive lipgloss

kimmy

has anyone tried this? i got a little sample size of it last time i went to the mac counter (the ma gave me a little nordie's bag with some smashbox in it...it kind of threw me off.) i put it in my purse and put it on when i went to work and it turned my lips bright pink. it supposedly changes to match your skintone, which it did...it was just a little too bright for work.

bebegirl88

I brought a full size, it works pretty well on my lips but not alot ppl are into it!
It gives a muted pinked b.c my lips are light pink berry color!

carrieann07

Yep, I bought it when it premiered on QVC in Dec.(?) I believe. It was $22 and I'm still on my first tube. I actually always end up forgetting about it. It turns a nice berry color on me, very subtle and pretty. I much prefer the O-gloss to O-glow.

kimmy

maybe it's so bright on me because my lips are super pigmented?
shrugs.gif

jaclynashley

I tried it on in Sephora and liked it but not enough to pay $22 for it .
I have more than enough MAC lipglasses to love .

carrieann07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
shrugs.gif

That's probably the case. O-gloss turns very red(think russian red) on my mom.

gigiopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
shrugs.gif

Doubt it, if anything someone with very lightly pigmented lips would have it be more bright, because I know that all of Smashbox's "O" products are gimmicks! They don't really stimulate your blood vessels and microcirculation to bring a natural colour to your cheeks/lips, because I tried rubbing it on a white piece of paper before - and the paper turned pink. Yes, because paper has blood vessels? Nicely done, Smashbox.

I wouldn't mind so much if they just marketed this as a stain for your lips, since it was a pretty colour, I'm just mad that they try to trick us.

MAC_Whore

I love this. It turns the perfect sheer, fuschia pink on me. Not too much though.

Is it just me, or does this product initially smell odd, like dust or something. I notice that it fades after a few seconds after application. Perhaps it is just during the colour transformation stage from clear to pink. BTW, I have a ridiculously heightened sense of smell.