Odd breakout!

MACForME

Hello Ladies-- If anyone, anywhere in the world, is going to know my answer, its you. I also know that at least HERE, I won't get any snarky remarks (I'll explain that later)... So, here is my problem..

I stopped down at MAC about a week ago to pick up some more StarFlash.. while I was there, i asked for my mineralized foundation in Light/Medium. Unfortunate for me, they were out of it. So, we decided to try the "light" and see if it worked.. We tried some of the MAC primer on my forehead and jaw line.. looks great. So off I go with the foundation.. a few days later, i notice this horrible breakout on my forehead and jaw where this "primer" went. Its not whiteheads, but more like lots of tiny red bumps. Its terrible! I look HORRIBLE! I also changed shampoo too.. Ran out of Fekkai, was just too damn lazy to go to Ulta, so I got some Finesse.. Now, it COULD be the shampoo AND the primer or?? And yes, I did post this in a LJ community but all i got was snark.. Someone had the NERVE to ask me if I didn't wash my pillow shams regularly!!!.. Yea.. they did! Anyway, I know its not THAT.. I shower every night AND every morning.. We didn't change laundry soaps..

I've used SMASHBOX primer and had a similiar breakout, but not THIS bad..

So.. what I'm asking is.. has anyone had this type of reaction? What is the solution? I need to clear this up!

sharkbytes

It could very well be the primer. My best friend gets the same reaction from MAC's primer and foundation, so much so that she breaks out with even the lightest application. If you don't have a tendency to break out from MAC's primer in general, then it could be the brush used to apply it wasn't cleaned properly by the MA.

I doubt it's the Finesse, as that is a hypo-allergenic shampoo. I hope it clears up ASAP!

feenin4makeup

To me, since it was in the exact placement of the primer, I'm pretty sure that's the cause of the breakout. What it really sounds like it may be is an allergic reaction. You might want to try washing your face and then applying benedryl cream at night just on the affected part before you go to bed and see if it makes a diff in the morning. If it's an allergy, that might clear it up.

Mabelle

sounds liek an allergic reaction. i'm allergic to some mac face products too
ssad.gif

MACForME

Thank you so much ladies..

Well, I went to the drugstore last night and got some Neutrogena On The Spot treatment.. And applied it after my shower last night. This morning, there is a significant difference. I do think its allergic reaction..
At least its not screaming red and super bumpy anymore.. whew..

Latest posts