OK everyone so I have a question...

SeXy MAC LuveR

when you get hired at MAC do you know if they look into and actually call your previous employers to see if you worked there and not only that but how well you did??because I may possibly be getting hired and I used to work at another cosmetic counter and I had to leave them for personal reasons and they were pretty upset that I did...if anyone has any feedback I would GREATLY appreciate it THanks!!!

GreekChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeXy MAC LuveR
when you get hired at MAC do you know if they look into and actually call your previous employers to see if you worked there and not only that but how well you did??because I may possibly be getting hired and I used to work at another cosmetic counter and I had to leave them for personal reasons and they were pretty upset that I did...if anyone has any feedback I would GREATLY appreciate it THanks!!!

Just like any interview, MAC will ask for references and will call your previous employers. Again, this does depend on the manager.
The other cosmetic counter cannot leave any negative comments because they were upset that you left. That is extremely unfair. It's life, people change jobs. Maybe you can try calling your previous employers to notify them that MAC might be calling? That might help the situation.

SeXy MAC LuveR

yea I'm just really stressing this sooo badly but I guess ..I wonder if I just don't mention my previous job if that would be better?

MsCuppyCakes

Stressing over the situation draws negative energy to you. You know you left for personal reasons and did so professionally. When you're references are checked by law, in California that is, they are not "supposed" to ask anything other than: time period you worked there, sometimes, would re-hire this person etc. or answer negatively. I personally would not call them. Think positively, try to picture yourself working at this counter. By drawing in positive energy you will get the job. And if not, it was not meant to be or you're not ready. HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeXy MAC LuveR

Chrissi Star

I'm in retail management right now (soon to be MAC mu, mu interview on halloween
smiles.gif
!) and legally all they can answer is if you were employeed there or not. There is a very fine line, but some places answer if u are rehireable or not, but most will ONLY answer if you worked there. If u find out you didn't get the job because of a reference bad mouthing you, you got a real good case and can sue! I had a friend that was a stylist who left a salon on not such good terms that was having trouble geting a job after and suspected that was why, so he had a friend call and say they were a salon getting a reference, and when they responded with what a horrible employee he was, he sued and won! They ended up having to write a writen apology, a letter of recomendation, and a large cash settlement.