Olive foundations?

1QTPie

Another vote for Makeup Forever HD. I mix it with my Mat Velvet + (because I get shiny) and it's perfect. I'm a darker person with very noticeable olive undertones. Everything else turns me red or orange.

califabulous

any new additions to this forum? I've recently been told I have olive undertones and matched to a c8 in mac studio fix powder. MUFE, NARS (I wear macao), Chanel, etc... I am in between every color! too ashy or too dark. revlon caramel (oily) is off in photos....help if you can.

elektra513

Illamasqua does some olive foundations. They have a few foundation formulas, but only one or two are available in Sephora here in the US. So of course the one I am interested in is not, lol. But yeah check them out, you may find something with them.

califabulous

Illamasqua does some olive foundations. They have a few foundation formulas, but only one or two are available in Sephora here in the US. So of course the one I am interested in is not, lol. But yeah check them out, you may find something with them.

THanks! I'll have to check into this. undertones...smundertones....!
th_wallbash.gif

Inajay

Hey everyone. I have the same problem! I am really picky with my makeup. I've spent so much money on it already but never seem to find my perfect shade. I just don't want to wear it much if it isn't like my skin. MUFE 153 once made me gasp when I caught myself in the mirror because it made my skin look amazing...and I have it but I still try out all the new foundations to no luck. I end up returning them all disappointed. The thing is that I don't want a medium coverage foundation for everyday- I'm looking for a concealer this exact shade or a TM or something sheer atleast. Am I asking for too much here? Sigh. I should say though that NC42 select moisturecover is too sheer to clash with my skin in any way so it's fine- for something that won't last past two hours.

Jeana Marie

For me its Lush Color suppliments in dark yellow. I originally was going to buy light yellow since I'm a C1-C2 (that means I have an olive undertone but I have the same skin tone as Megan Fox or Zooey Dechanel) but the light yellow was TOO yellow and made my neck look bright green D:

I am looking forward to buy MUFE HD in #120 or #127 then realized that I may have olive undertones! I was wondering why none of my foundations worked on me (believe me, I've tried lots!) and I thought I am too yellow that I can't find a perfect match:

I am NC25 in Studio Fix Fluid (but it's not an exact match, it's yellow - and my jaw, neck, chest has some olive undertones) so it'll look like I have yellow face and my neck appear more greenish. But it's not very noticeable unless I stare. MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation NC30 is lacking in olive also. I thought NARS foundations would be a perfect match also since it's super yellow (Alaska in TM, mix of Fuji and Punjab in Sheer Glow). Finally, I stepped out in natural daylight to check out my makeup and realized yellow is not blending well with my jawline. Sometimes it looks muddy pink-brown. The MAC MUA also acknowledged I have olive undertones but I'm more yellow. Is MUFE HD in #123 for NC25-30? I've read in some blogs it's for NC35?

Jeana Marie

I
I am looking forward to buy MUFE HD in #120 or #127 then realized that I may have olive undertones! I was wondering why none of my foundations worked on me (believe me, I've tried lots!) and I thought I am too yellow that I can't find a perfect match: (image removed by request. -shellygrrl) I am NC25 in Studio Fix Fluid (but it's not an exact match, it's yellow - and my jaw, neck, chest has some olive undertones) so it'll look like I have yellow face and my neck appear more greenish. But it's not very noticeable unless I stare. MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation NC30 is lacking in olive also. I thought NARS foundations would be a perfect match also since it's super yellow (Alaska in TM, mix of Fuji and Punjab in Sheer Glow). Finally, I stepped out in natural daylight to check out my makeup and realized yellow is not blending well with my jawline. Sometimes it looks muddy pink-brown. The MAC MUA also acknowledged I have olive undertones but I'm more yellow. Is MUFE HD in #123 for NC25-30? I've read in some blogs it's for NC35? 
Thats how NC15 looked on me. Im very fair olive and NC15 was simply OKAY for that very same reason. It made my face look bright yellow but the contrast between where my face ended and my neck began was a brownish with a bright green undertone. And Im generally WHITE! It was more noticeable when I touched up my makeup during the day. My sister who is brutally honest with me told me completely warm just doesn't work for me and she finally came out with it and commented how my face looks really pale white and the rest of my body looks literally green! My sister might be a bit darker than me. She is still generally white but she is peachy toned like Miley Cyrus. I would call her warm neutral but with none of my olive. She would match better with NW20. She wears more orange or ivory based foundations and her foundations on me are muddy.

Jeana Marie

Sephora isnt a good match for me. The SAs I bet make commission and are only in it for a sale out of you. I explain that I am "light olive" and they tell me I cant be fair/light complected and olive. They just call me "medium" and tell me to wear warm based makeup. Now I just get my stuff and leave lol. But MUAs refer me as "light olive." Which is a very accurate description for me imo. I know for a FACT I'm not medium, warm, yellow or golden lol

shellygrrl

Staff member
The sales associates who said you can’t have light olive skin are full of it. And yeah, the ones you were dealing with were trying to sell you something and make their daily commission.

mayushka

I'm Gobi in NARS Sheer Glow, would MUFE 117 be too dark for me? It's so tiring finding a good match with such a funny skin color.