Organising shadows

JoeyEmma

I have about 12 eyeshadows that are all over the place at the moment. I can't think of the best way to organise them. Some of them hardly ever get used as they sit at the bottom of my drawer and can't find them. I already have got one 4 slot palette.

I can't decide if I should

a) Get a couple more 4 slot palettes
b) Put them all in a big 15 slot palette and use the one 4 slot one for when I go stay away overnight.

Does the big 15 slot palette have a clear lid like the 4 slot one?

Is it easy to get the pans out of the 15 slot palette for travelling?

Where in the UK can I find little magnetic strips for helping my depotted shadows stay in the palettes?

What shall I do? Can anybody recommend a counsellor for me seeing as though I have actually lost sleep over this issue.

Hilly

The 15 slot pallet has a black lid..so you cant see what you have. But it looks pretty chic to me. My clear 4 slot pallets look dingy because if the shadow isnt in full tact or is dusty, you can see it. Just a matter of look i suppose. I like the 15 slot pallet and also a 4 slot pallet for travel.

yummy411

i don't know how easy the shadows come out of the palette, but sounds like you need a 15 slot palette and have that quad palette for traveling =) IMO

foxyqt

i think you should get a 15 pan pallette and use the quad for travelling =) thats what i do!

oh & its really easy to get the pans out of a 15 pan pallette.. i take them in and out all the time when i re-arrange the colors ^.^

aliciaz727

i agree with the others and think that your best option is to get a 15 color pallette. it's so much easier to see what you have on 1 pallette instead of 5. I love the 15 pan pallette because I loose the individual ones also, and I forget about what colors I have. I put a magnetic strip on the bottom of each shadow so it's pretty easy to take the pans out. I like to arrange my colors in rainbow order because it gives a nice presentation
smiles.gif

JoeyEmma

My brother owes me a birthday present so I have emailed him and asked him to get me a 15 pan palette and a mulch eyeshadow!

Also, as I was lying in bed last night my boyfriend pointed out that I had left this thread up on the computer and that I was a total loser going on message boards asking about eyeshadows. I was mortified! I keep my addictions to MAC and mineral makeup a secret and he found it hilarious!

FacesbyNiki

And it's 'organize'..
lol.gif

Mine are all over the place too. I have my staples and the current collections that sit out all the time, and the rest are just thrown in my traincase.

JoeyEmma

No its not! Its organise over here!! You lot stole our language and forgot how to spell it properly!

archangeli

I keep my e/s depotted into 15-pan palettes at home - I have a stack of about a dozen of them arranged by colour.

For traveling I just take a quad with me - a brow colour, and 3 e/s and a couple of eye pencils. The just live in my travel makeup kit so I don't have to think when I head out the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyEmma
No its not! Its organise over here!! You lot stole our language and forgot how to spell it properly!

It's "colour" too
winks.gif

JoeyEmma

A dozen 12 pan palettes? Oh my G-d! Thats 174 shadows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even realise they did that many, although on second thoughts, when you think about all the LE ones they do, it must add up to that.

archangeli

Quote:
A dozen 12 pan palettes? Oh my G-d! Thats 174 shadows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even realise they did that many, although on second thoughts, when you think about all the LE ones they do, it must add up to that.

Hmm... a dozen isn't right then LOL I have about 280 MAC e/s alone, but a few are in pre-made quads.

*goes to do a count*

I have 17 full, and 4 palette sitting in my spare bedroom upstairs that has become my "depotting station." I need to sort those ones out at some point @__@"

archangeli

Quote:
You must be a professional MA with a collection like that!

What are you top 3 most used?

Nope, just a MAC Addict
greengrin.gif

Sumptuous Olive, Phloof and Moth Brown (although not together
winks.gif
)

shadowaddict

I have read where some people, not even ma's have over 500 MAC e/s. That totally blows me away. These are true collectors.

neeshie

You can buy magnetic sheets in staples or office world...i got mine from staples...then cut them to fit the pans.
i cut mine into squares cos i couldn't be bothered to cut them into circles, but i suppose you could cut them into circles as well.
They cost about 3 or 4 pounds for 5 smallish sheets

Deirdre

I have a really good colour memory. I can't remember any of my husband's friends faces, and never recognise them when I'm out and about, but I can spot the difference between Swan Lake, Rondelle, and Cumulus without looking at the label. And which collection each of my colours is from, as well.

All that bragging aside, here's the point: I keep all my shadows in their original boxes. I keep them label side up, by collection (or colour family), in big office organiser trays. I get an idea of what I would like to wear, and they're all at my fingertips, easy to find, and easy to put away. I have about 100 MAC shadow pots, and it works very well (we'll see how that changes as my collection grows - I've only been using makeup seriously for a year, but am obsessed).