Organising your 15 palettes by colour

NotteRequiem

How do you organize your 15 pan palettes?

I thought of a different kind of topic.

How do you organize your MAC palettes? By color? Texture? Finish? Alphabetically?

I have 3 MAC 15 palettes. One is muted colors [all finishes], one is bolds [Mostly frosts and Starflashes] and I have a palette for 15 of the Matte2 shadows. I have 2 empty spots that are waiting for Clarity and Graphology once I get my hands on them.

So, how do you do it?

Hendrix

I organise by having few enough shadows that they'll all fit into two palettes.
mac_lipstick.gif
mac_lglass.gif

xsuzyqx

Highlights
Browns (matte)
Browns (satin/vp/frost)
Neutrals (blacks, grays/silvers, whites)
Blues (hit my limit on one, trying to figure out how to split it up)
Aqua/Teal
Pinks/Corals
Reds/Oranges
Purple (lavenders, blues)
Purple (warm, plums, eggplants)
Greens (again, just hit my limit on one, trying to figure out how to split it up)
Golds/Yellows
Miscellaneous (til there's enough to merit a full palette)

And then I have one misc MUFE palette with blues, white, red, purple, grays, and orange.

I'm thinking I might have to scrap some of this and re-think it, since a couple of palettes have maxed and I anticipate a lot more coming in.. >_<

NotteRequiem

Well I'm going to be formulating my 15 matte2 palette this weekend and got bored at work... so I made a mock up of where things would go: Let me know what you think of it!

matte2_palette.jpg

equus18

I have my MAC palettes separated as follows:
Highlights (Brule, Vanilla, Phloof!, etc.)
Browns (browns, golds, oranges, reds, etc.)
Pinks (pinks, purples, etc.)
Blues (blues, greens, blacks, silvers, etc.)

The divider has been removed so that I can fit about 27 pans in each palette.

my_adored

I just depotted my eye shadows this week and organized them. I have two 15 pan palettes and I organized one by "Earth Tones" (All That Glitters, Twinks, Mulch, Club, Print, Woodwinked, etc.) and one for colors within the pink and blue family...which included a few purple *snickers*. So that one had things like Perky, Swish, Parfait Amour, Crystal, Shale, Moon's Reflection, Star Violet. And I just played around with the organization until it looked pretty. Its really up to you.

Nepenthe

Thanks for the link buddleia. :]

For me it's an on going process as I acquire new shadows or press more pigments. Recently, I had to split my blue/teal, green/gold & pink/purple. I tend to swatch things, because sometimes the pigmentation can be misleading in the pan.. so it's not visually chromatic, but on the skin it is.

I've kept all the dividers though, because sometimes when I need to divide a palette it's easier to have the 15 slots, rather than no divider with too few shadows moving around.

MsHielo

Right now it's:

Pinks/Purples
Blue/Green/Gold/Brown/Neutral

...but this has a lot to do with my only having 2 of the 15 palettes, so it's pretty easy at this point to stay organized.