Organizing an "Arsenal"

cno64

Does anyone have any ideas about how I could store my 20 or so MAC lipsticks such that I can find the color for which I'm looking fairly easily and quickly?
At present, they are just sitting in a box in rows, looking for all the world like little nuclear warheads. Of course, the labels are on the bottoms, so in order to find one particular color, I'm reduced to picking up as many as I can in a single handful, turning them over, squinting at the iiity-bitty letters on the labels, and hoping that the one I want is among the ones I picked up.
There has to be a better way!
Leaving the lids off is out, because I have very lively kitties who have been known to get lipsticks down in the floor and play with them.
SMASH! OOH!
Anyone have any suggestions?

aznsmurfy

I saw on MUA a girl who cut the lipstick boxes in half and taped them together and stored the ls upside down. I did the same thing and it works so well!!
greengrin.gif
HTH!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsmurfy
I saw on MUA a girl who cut the lipstick boxes in half and taped them together and stored the ls upside down. I did the same thing and it works so well!!
greengrin.gif
HTH!

Very clever!
Trouble is, I no longer have the boxes in which the lipsticks came.
However, I think maybe if I put them into a small enough box, I could pack 'em in closely enough that they'd stay vertical.
I'll try it; thanks!

merleskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
Does anyone have any ideas about how I could store my 20 or so MAC lipsticks such that I can find the color for which I'm looking fairly easily and quickly?
At present, they are just sitting in a box in rows, looking for all the world like little nuclear warheads. Of course, the labels are on the bottoms, so in order to find one particular color, I'm reduced to picking up as many as I can in a single handful, turning them over, squinting at the iiity-bitty letters on the labels, and hoping that the one I want is among the ones I picked up.

I bought a cool little acrylic box from a company called Sharodan (www.sharodan.com). Go to "Organizational Aids" on the left, then scroll down to Lipstick Box (G3029, $10.95). It'll hold up to 50 lipsticks with the little dividers inserted. I store mine with the label facing up; it's great just to grab a color and go!

You might be able to fit your regular box w/ dividers and store your lipsticks label side up, but I took the easy way out with this box and have been very happy with it!
smiles.gif

merleskaya

cno64

Thanks! This looks GREAT. However, I found and ordered a plastic test-tube rack, which I think will work fine.
I will certainly remember this company for the furure, though; my makeup collection is not getting any smaller!

ohhhhhthehorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
Leaving the lids off is out, because I have very lively kitties who have been known to get lipsticks down in the floor and play with them.
SMASH! OOH!
Anyone have any suggestions?

I feel you. I hated having to sort through them all in my traincase and I even hated having to read the labels on the bottom.
What I did was store them in a box all divided up like everyone else has said, but I swiped all of them on a piece of paper, glued it to a piece of cardboard and keep that on top of the box. All I have to do is glance down, see a color I like and the grab the lipstick under it.
It works for me!

saniyairshad

the lipstick storage cases, if u check a few posts down you'll see it.
smiles.gif
they would fit all ur lippies perfectly