Our new home!!! Whoo Hoo!

reverieinbflat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyweapon
BTW, what did you mean by 'with the way the market is'? Are things getting better in Cali regarding the price of housing? I know in Miami they are not!
smiles.gif

it's an awesome time to finance because interest rates are so low. and the 'value' of homes are down because of the "crash" and the "credit crunch". So she got the home for a lot less and financed at a good rate because of that. . . . at least,. i assume that what she meant.

messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverieinbflat
it's an awesome time to finance because interest rates are so low. and the 'value' of homes are down because of the "crash" and the "credit crunch". So she got the home for a lot less and financed at a good rate because of that. . . . at least,. i assume that what she meant.

Exactly!!! This was actually a one year old foreclosed home. We were going to purchase this home brand new from the builder but it was going for 340K. Our realtor showed us this home the day the sign was put in the yard, we were shocked at how clean it was because the other 3 foreclosed/short sale homes we looked at in this neighborhood were trashed. (And I mean TRASHED.) We think no one actually lived in it cause in the pictures you can see the furniture still had plastic wrap on it. (You can kinda see it in the bottom corner of the kitchen picture.)

Anyways we ended up getting this home for 235K at a 5.5% fixed rate. My fiance's co-worker lives in the same exact house like 4 doors down and he payed like 400K for it when the market was still up. 2260 sq ft., 4 bedrooms, 1/3 acre lot... You can't beat that around here!!!!

Needless to say, if your gonna buy, buy now!!!
yes.gif