Palette Organisation

Kazzii-Loves-MA

Hi everyone,
I recently bought my first MAC palette and i was wondering if you kind people would suggest some storage for me. Post pictures of your storage and tell me how much it was and where you got it from. I live in the uk so please take into consideration S&h Or maybe someone could cp for me. Thankyou so much, kindest regards Kayleigh x x x

_Kaitie_

Do you mean how to organize your eyeshadows? My camera is broken, but I can describe how I organize mine to you.

I have several palettes, one each for: purples, browns, blues, greens, pinks/oranges, etc. I usually try to arrange the eyeshadows in terms of colours - lightest to darkest. I find it makes it easier to choose colours to use when in a rush in the morning.

If you only have one palette (I only bring one with me when I travel), I arrange it according to colour - all blues together, all purples together, etc.

gildedangel

I only own one palette; but I have seen those with multiple palettes store them in wire veritical paper organizers.

TISH1124

I use a DVD Holder...But I have many palettes...Not sure about just one ,, But maybe I am misunderstanding the question

dvdcase.jpg

elongreach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
I use a DVD Holder...But I have many palettes...Not sure about just one ,, But maybe I am misunderstanding the question

dvdcase.jpg

That's a very smart way to organize them!

hello_kitty

Tish, that's awesome! I totally am going to look for something like that now!
smiles.gif
I have mine on a shelf, and I always worry someday I'll leave the bathroom door open and my kitten will get up there and he'll slip and the palettes will go flying... *shudders at the thought of what would occur next*

As for the OP... not quite sure what you're talking about... but I arrange all of my palettes by color group... greens, purples, pinks, blues, reds/oranges/yellows, browns, light browns/highlights/whites, silver/blacks.

Lapis

Tish aren't you scared, there was a chick on LJ who's cat knocked over her storage 10 palettes met the Lord.
I much prefer drawers

Kazzii-Loves-MA

Hey everyone,
thankyou for your replies.
i meant do you do a palette for each colour, do you go from light to dark or dark to light. how do you label your palette, etc.
if anyone has any pictures that would be great
smiles.gif

thanks so much, kindest regards Kayleigh x x

darklocke

I did pictures of my palettes here, if you want an idea on organizing.
smiles.gif
I must admit that I'm in the process of re-organizing, since I have like 36 shadows to depot and put into palettes, but the thread/the pictures will be updated along the way.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
Tish, that's awesome! I totally am going to look for something like that now!
smiles.gif
I have mine on a shelf, and I always worry someday I'll leave the bathroom door open and my kitten will get up there and he'll slip and the palettes will go flying... *shudders at the thought of what would occur next*

As for the OP... not quite sure what you're talking about... but I arrange all of my palettes by color group... greens, purples, pinks, blues, reds/oranges/yellows, browns, light browns/highlights/whites, silver/blacks.

Target or Walmart 9.99 in the DVD section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
Tish aren't you scared, there was a chick on LJ who's cat knocked over her storage 10 palettes met the Lord.
I much prefer drawers

No I don't have a cat lol...and no one goes in my Makeup room but me

InspiredBlue

There is probably something similar available in the UK, and if not you could always order it online. But, hey, you have plenty of time to figure that out, since your only on your first palette.
winks.gif

hello_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazzii-Loves-MA
i wish we had target and walmart
ssad.gif

id love a clear acrylic dvd holder

Oh man, no Walmart!
ssad.gif
I don't know how I could survive without one! Of course, you've never had one, so you don't have anything to miss at least
greengrin.gif

I'll have to put a dvd holder on the shopping list! I wonder if Ikea would have anything neat as well... hmm...

hello_kitty

That metal one looks nice! I might have to bop up to Ikea one day and see if I can track one down!
thmbup.gif
Any excuse to get the yummy meatballs there is a good thing
lol.gif

Edit: I looked it up and it's $2.99US! I must have!!!

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124

No I don't have a cat lol...and no one goes in my Makeuo room but me

ahh I have a town house no room for a makeup room, so I live in awareness of the 2 year old with a makeup fetish, lol