pantene pro-v restoratives

kimmy

has anyone tried this stuff? it says it can reverse up to two years of damage and blah blah blah. a while ago i dyed my hair black with professional dye and then got the genius idea to go blonde (biggest mistake of my life! omg!) and it absolutely destroyed my hair. it lost probably 25+% of it's volume from hair breaking off/falling out. some of it broke off about a half inch from the scalp so i have these freaky little "layers" that are kind of mulletish. i know that nothing will fix that stuff..but when i blowdry my hair now it goes all afro which it didn't used to do, but does now because of all the split ends and junk. so would the pantene help mend those split ends?

ruby_soho

Pantene makes your hair "healthy" and shiny by coating it in wax. It doesn't actually help your hair, it just makes it aesthetically better. I like Lush's HSuan Wen Hua as a treatment. www.lush.com

ETA: You should also buy a keratin spray or get something with protein in it. Since you went from black to blonde your hair lost alot of protein, having the colour stripped. Wella and Aphogee make keratin sprays, and HealthySexyHair has a shampoo/conditioner set that have soy protein in them.

tottui

the EXACT same thing happened to me.. from black to blonde... very BAD idea!!.. I really dont like Pantene at all!.. Ive tried a lot of treatments but nothing seems to restore my hair like before.. It was super healthy.. and now its just....
weeping.gif
weeping.gif
just plain damaged!.. I know died it black again and Im never ever dying it again! Hopefully I will grow out the damage and then it will get healthy.. =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
has anyone tried this stuff? it says it can reverse up to two years of damage and blah blah blah. a while ago i dyed my hair black with professional dye and then got the genius idea to go blonde (biggest mistake of my life! omg!) and it absolutely destroyed my hair. it lost probably 25+% of it's volume from hair breaking off/falling out. some of it broke off about a half inch from the scalp so i have these freaky little "layers" that are kind of mulletish. i know that nothing will fix that stuff..but when i blowdry my hair now it goes all afro which it didn't used to do, but does now because of all the split ends and junk. so would the pantene help mend those split ends?

Pink_minx

You can always give it a try because their products are not so expensive...for me it made my hair nice but only for a little while. After it made my hair like straw. After using other brands after that...I just gave up and started to use LUSH because I heard so much raves about it...it really restored my hair from using so much harsh ingredients. Most of their shampoos and conditioners including their hair masks like Hsuan Wen Hua that was mentioned are natural...then after that I needed something to make my hair stronger and I just started using Kerastase and that has been working really good! I use Anti Usure, its especially for split ends and it works really good I havent seen a split end YET! hehe then i use a Oleo mask...that also makes my hair very soft and managable.

Just get a really good hair mask and conditioner...and make sure your shampoo is gentle on your hair since its pretty damaged right now...maybe a baby shampoo might help. But get a good hair mask and daily conditioner...its a must! But it wont hurt to try pantene you never know it might work on you.

MAC is love

Personally, I don't like their stuff. My hair was nice for a while, but later it just started to feel dry and gross.
ssad.gif

cdnaddict

i agree.. really the only crazy ingredients that are supposed to "repair" your hair (that i can recognize, anyways) are pro-vitamin b-5 (panthenol) and various levels of silicone (dimethicone, cyclomethicone, etc.) which can be argued as moisture-inhibitors. sigh.

Latest posts