Pigments being d/c'd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone notice on the Cdn site that a bunch of pigments have the triangle next to them? Chocolate brown, Fairylite, Naked, Old Gold, Teal and Cornflower?

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_psilla
Anyone notice on the Cdn site that a bunch of pigments have the triangle next to them? Chocolate brown, Fairylite, Naked, Old Gold, Teal and Cornflower?

I'm pretty sure they are just being reformulated to eyesafe.

knoxydoll

I see it too on the cdn site... I hope they're not leaving I haven't had time to get those ones...
eeksign.gif

slowhoney

I see the triangle on the Canadian site too and posted in mac_cosmetics about it because I'm freaking out. I was under the impression Teal was already eye-safe... that's odd because the precautions list says it's not.

In any event, I hope this is temporary for reformulation or a mistake. If anyone gets more info on this, please post!

I just had a LiveChat, and here's what the MA had to say!
smiles.gif

info: Welcome to MAC Cosmetics Online. One of our Artists will be with you shortly. As a thank you for chatting with us today, we would like to extend a special offer just for you with your next MAC Cosmetics Online purchase. Your MAC Artist will provide you with the offer code during your consultation. At the end of this chat session, you may also request to have a transcript of your chat sent to you via email by completing our Exit Survey.
info: Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Dianna. How may I assist you?
Caitlin: Hi Dianna!
Dianna: Hello Caitlin!
Caitlin: I just had a questions regarding some pigments that I hope you can answer!
smiles.gif

Dianna: Sure, I can help!
Caitlin: On the Canadian website, some of the permanent pigments are listed with the little black triangle beside them. Particularly Teal, Old Gold, Cornflower, and other popular (or so I thought!) colours. Are they being discontinued?
ssad.gif

Dianna: Not that I am aware of, let me take a look for you.
Caitlin: Thank you!
Dianna: There seems to be some type of error, as they are not on my discontinued list and are also not showing the triangle on the US site. Sorry about that. I will alert the tech team.
Caitlin: Oh, awesome! I thought maybe they were temporarily out of stock/being reformulated. I was so worried, I love Teal!
Dianna: Perhaps out of stock, yes, but not discontinued thankfully! I also adore Teal.
Caitlin: Great, thanks so much for your help!
Dianna: You're welcome!

Phew.
smiles.gif

galvanizer

Glad I read Socrateaseme's post ~ I was ready to jump on Chocolate Brown and Naked and I'd hate to miss out.

(thanks for your live chat, doll!)

amoona

Ok sorry to bump this but does anyone have any new info?! I read on LJ that a girl went to a store and the MA said that Tael was on the d/c list but it was only being reformulated. Does anyone know anything about Old Gold?

I haven't had a chance to stop by the store yet.

littlemakeupboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
I'm pretty sure they are just being reformulated to eyesafe.

you are correct,
we got a pigment safety list today at work listing what is safe for where and there is a note about them being reformulated so that MOST can be used on the eyes

geeko

i've been wearing teal on my eyes, and it hasn't given me any trouble yet.... so far.

lara

This thread is starting to decend into irrelevancy, so I'm closing it.

They haven't been discontinued, but there may be spadoric pulls or OOS notices as the distribution of reformulated pigments is rolled out. When in doubt, do a Live Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.