Pigments.

sel00187

I havent got any pigments what-so-ever, and everytime i come on here I always see in member's hauls that theyve bought pigments at one point or other, its probably just me but i just dont get the pigment thing
ssad.gif
I dont know why theyre fantastic, what they do, how to wear them, where to put them lol, im just completly lost when it comes to pigments. i feel so left out
weeping.gif
lol.

scrapbookromance

you're not left out at all! I was the same way when I first got into MAC and now I'm loving pigments more and more each day (included pressing my first two the other night!)

pigments are highly concentrated loose powders. they can usually be used anywhere on your face/body with anything. some colors are not safe to use in the lip area, eye area, or both. pigments can be mixed with lipglosses to make funky colors, but Rose is popular on the lips. it can be used for cheek color, I use melon in the summer, some people use Rose as well as other things. its also used as eye shadows, and best applied over a base like paints or shadesticks. you can spray a little Fix+ on your brush to apply them wet and get the color really vibrant too. I've tried mixing some violet with hair gel to put streaks in my hair, but I have dark hair so it didn't show up much but it worked on my mom who has brown/gray hair. they're very versitile, and you get a lot for your money in a full size jar. most MACs will give samples also (but I've been turned down a lot lately because of ebay :shrug
smiles.gif
just be careful that if you have sensitive eyes/lips you read the precautions that come with the perticular color to make sure its safe to use in that area
smiles.gif

sel00187

Thanks for the info
smiles.gif
They make a bit more sense now, but I dont think id ever be able to wear like vibrant colours on my face, im quite a plain jane. they sound great though.

Shimmer

Pigments are really versatile, and can be used, depending on the composition, in a number of areas.
smiles.gif

scrapbookromance

Quote:
Originally Posted by sel00187
Thanks for the info
smiles.gif
I dont think id ever be able to wear like vibrant colours on my face, im quite a plain jane

not all the colors are ridiculously vibrant. you just get good color payoff without packing a lot on.

a few neutral ones to check out if that's what you're into:
Kitschmas
Softwash Gray (LE)
Vanilla
Gold Dusk (LE)
Pink Opal
Fairylight
Melon
Dazzleray (LE)
Naked
Sunny Daze (LE)
Tan

ha thats like 1/3 of what they offer. but yeah it never hurts to check it out and try to get a sample
lol.gif

ledonatella

Quote:
Originally Posted by sel00187
Thanks for the info
smiles.gif
They make a bit more sense now, but I dont think id ever be able to wear like vibrant colours on my face, im quite a plain jane. they sound great though.

I am the same way, I like more muted pretty colors most of the time, but I have some pigments that are perfect, like Shimmertime and Deckchair and Pink Opal. Although sometimes I add a splash of a color like Golder's Green just for fun. Pigments blend really well so even a bright one like that can be toned down for a flash of color.

AudreyNicole

I didn't understand them at all either, and didn't really see the need for them at first since I had eyeshadows, but once I got a few samples, I quickly learned that I love them! They blend SOOOO easily, and even the more bright colors can be blended down to very pastel shades. I wore Fuschia pigment yesterday on my eyes, which is quite bright, but once I blended it down, it became a beautiful shade of light pink... I got so many compliments on it! My advice is to check out the sale/swap board here and get a few samples. That's what I did, and I am hooked. I LOVE Vanilla too, it is my very favorite and I use it everyday. It was the first full size piggie I ever purchased, and after months and months of use, it still looks brand new! Experiment, and have fun!!
smiles.gif

lola336

you can also use them like in your face cream to give yourself a slight glow...or even in your body lotion. they are so versatile...you can also mix a few together to make a new color. you should def. get some samples and give it a try. plus one jar will last you basically forever...so the samples go a long way. i also use melon and acid orange as glosses all the time. you will not be disappointed!
smiles.gif

Temptasia

Hah.

I haven't gotten into pigments either.

I like to avoid loose powders because I am a real clutz and would probably make a mess everytime I use it. It took awhile for me to even get used to my bareminerals powder foundation...but since I love it so much, I learned to work with it.

I will definitely try some one day, but for now I'll just stick to my pressed powders.

Life In Return

I agree with what everyone else has said here. I love my pigments. I have used them for EVERYTHING lol. And I line with them as well by using an eyeliner brush. They are super versatile... You can even mix them with some hair gel or mousse and add a little color / sparkle to your hair.

Pigments =
eyelove.gif

aziajs

I was intimidated by pigments for a long time. I didn't really know what they were or how to use them. I finally decided to buy samples about 6 months ago. I played with them a bit but not very much. Only in the recent weeks have I really started to use them. I love the She Shines pigments. You should check those out.

Chic 2k6

heya Sarah! its Chic from the friday hill forum lol. You can use pigments for loads of things, like as highlighter for light ones like vanilla, use in crease, on its own. and you can even wear them on your lips with some l/g over them. i heard you can use some pigments for your cheeks too.

musicdust

I really like the "wet" look. I use a little visene(sorry can't spell that word) and it looks awesome for that great dramatic look. When I am wearing it for work though I use the more subtle colors. They are a lot of fun!

ILoveMacMakeup

scrapbookromance said:
you're not left out at all! I was the same way when I first got into MAC and now I'm loving pigments more and more each day (included pressing my first two the other night!)

I know this is probably going to sound like a stupid question...but why would you press them and how do you do it?

liquidsirenhoney

pigments are my worst addiction i love them and now when a new one comes out i have to have one, i like them for blush, lip glosses and of course eyeshadows. it takes a little getting used to at first when using them, but ti thinkif you try them wet it is a little easier too.