Pink l/s for NC45&50 girls.

califabulous

my ultimate pink combo is creme de la femme with cultured lipglass on top. I tend to use a light application of chestnut liner (well blended and not visible on the lip).

girl about town (hot pink)
blankety alone or w/plum, chestnut or NYX Nude truffle liner. all yeild different looks. I LOVE it.

try fanfare, syrup or possibly lovelorn

long wear: love forever, unlimited

I stay away from:

snob, gaga, angel, creme cup, st. germaine. beautiful colors and you can make anything work. But for me it's not the best look.

nc47ish for reference

afulton

One of my all time favorite pink lipstick from MAC is Viva Glam SE VI. I own a lot of the pinks that have been mentioned here but I always grab my viva glam. I recently brought the Viva Glam SE VI lipgloss from a specktra member and it totally completes the look. I ordered a backup of the lipstick from allcosmeticswholesale.com because MAC no longer sells it since it was limited edition.

dundada

There was a website I read that said that blogger June Ambrose wears all of her light pink and bright pink lipsticks very well and she does and June has big lips as well so it is possible. I'm a MAC NC45 and a Fashion Fair Butterscotch and I have big lips and a bright pink bottom lip at that. But it seems that some black or brown women don't like bothering with some of the lighter pink lipsticks because they think that they'll have to adjust it with a zillion different lip liners or other lipsticks but really, I don't think they have to do that. If you have dark skin and you want to wear a light pink lipstick all you need is one good lip liner if you choose to use a lip liner and what's worked for me is MAC Half-Red lip pencil or MAC Beurre Cremestick liner. MAC Half-Red lip pencil has been described as a light plum which is exactly what it looks like or like a dark mauve-y pink or a dusty rose and MAC Beurre Cremestick liner looks exactly the same but with a different and creamier consistency. I like using either of them with MAC Pink Nouveau lipstick although sometimes I wear that lipstick without any lip pencil and I definitely wear either of those lip liners with MAC Viva Glam V lipstick, MAC Snob lipstick or one of the original YSL Rouge Pur No. 141 Romantic Pink lipstick and I only use one of those lip liners on the outline of my lips, I don't fill my lips in with the lip liners when I wear either of those lipsticks. This saves a lot of time and money and it all still looks great and wearable this way!

CarmenK

This saves a lot of time and money and it all still looks great and wearable this way!
Yes I agree! In the past pink lipsticks werent my thing but I didnt start liking them until I started wearing lip liners! I found that for bright pinks, magenta liner really helps tone it down and I am obsessed with Hover lipliner as well. It goes great with Yash lipstick. Also sucks that they discontinued Mac hodgepodge because that lipliner went with everything! lol