Pixi Lumi Lux from Target--keep or return?

swaly

I recently acquired Pixi's Lumi Lux palette from Target. It got it to tide me over 'til my Yaby palettes arrive. It has basically two long pressed cakes in either half of the compact (Pop Beauty style, not in separate tin wells) with multiple pastel shades on the top part of the compact and multiple dark smoky shades on the bottom.

However, when I opened it at home, the entire top row (pastels) had EXPLODED. Completely, utterly decimated and turned into dust.

Now I'm wondering whether it's worth exchanging for a new one, or if I should just go back and get store credit (I threw out my damn receipt!). Any experiences?

swaly

Haha I eventually drove back to Target and exchanged it for a new one, so I thought I'd turn this into a quickie review.

The Lumi Lux palette has 20 colors. Ten light-colored shadows in the upper half of the compact (the side with the logo on it) and ten dark-colored shadows in the lower half. They are all pressed as one contiguous cake into a large metal pan. The compact itself is a cheapish gold fake-leather with "pixi" stamped into the top.

The colors come in a range of finishes. Most notably: matte with sparse glitter but no shimmer, pearl with a monochrome sheen finish, and iridescent. The iridescent effect is very subtle, but the mint green, light blue and pink all have a similar slight duochrome effect and have a powdery matte finish.

There is a lot of noticeable fallout, especially for the darks, but the application is also pretty pigmented. It has a cheap texture but the payoff is decent.

Cons:
• As I witnessed with my first purchase attempt, the cakes are a cheap alternative to having individual wells for each color, and could result in a HUGE disaster and loss of multiple colors if you drop the palette, bump it against something, etc.
• Cheap, fallout-prone texture
• $30 to $38 (according to website) + tax is kinda steep for a mid-to-low-quality product

Pros:
• Colors still apply nicely to lids, especially pearls
• Definitely convenient, as this has a range of shades for creating almost any look that doesn't involve primary/super-bright shades
• 20 eyeshadows for $30-$38 is a good deal, especially compared to buying individual shades within the Pixi line

51W5Dzm5EJL._AA400_.jpg

514UuipN-6L._AA400_.jpg

SweetMom528

I have three palettes from Pixi and love them all including this one. I love Pixi, Jemma Kidd, Sonia K, Target is my fave store for mu. I find most of these on same page as higher ends and I have owned MUFE, MAC, Bobbi Brown, benefit, etc.

Latest posts