PLEASE give advice!

mreichert

So, I'm fairly new to Specktra, but am absolutely addicted to this site, and am SO grateful for all your advice and inspiration!

I am considering applying for MAC as I have always been interested in cosmetology-esp. makeup and am really considering a career change. I'm 28 with a Music Ed. degree and have taught music for several years, but have realized that my true passion is makeup.

Is there any advice you can give on what steps to take first before applying? (I have been reading as many posts as possible about the demo interviews, have been practicing as much as I can, and have been studying the MAC website on all products).

For your demo interview, did you prepare certain looks? Is there anything you would have done differently that I should know? Is there any common mistakes that I should be aware of?

And.... do I even have a chance if I've been a teacher for so many years and haven't worked retail?

Thanks in advance! Any advice you can give, I would REALLY appreciate!!
yes.gif

Marlena

MissVivaMac

Hi there!

I work for MAC and had never worked retail before. I did have sales experience so that was a plus on my resume. They really just want to know you are a genuine person and most importantly a MAC addict. I just emphasized what an opportunity it was to work for such an awesome company.

Also, for the demo part, its a little difficult to have a look prepared because when I interviewed they gave me a scenario and told me I had to incorporate colors from an upcoming launch. However, if you know who your model will be practice with them that way you will be familiar when conversing about the products and familiar with their skin.

Lastly, girrrrrl why are you stopping teaching to work Saturdays and a crazy retail schedule???

Anyway, good luck and if I could be any more help just ask!!!!!
yahoo.gif

Latest posts