Please Help Me With Contour & Blush Colors

shadowaddict

I need help with contouring colors. I have the lightest shade in the Sculpt and Shape Powder Duos which I think is Bone Beige/Emphasize. While I like Emphasize as a highlight but I do not like Bone Beige. It looks like dirt on me.

I am a light NC15 and don’t want anything too dark and want a matte, no shimmer. I do not have great skills so I’m afraid if it’s a little dark and I apply it too heavily then I will for sure look like I have on dirt. I don’t know if the other shade that is coming out of the sculpting powders would be too dark or if there is another pro color or if I should just go darker in a pressed powder. I want to use it lower cheek and around the outside of my face. I currently use Studio Sculpt NC15 foundation and loose powder NC5 along with some of the prep & prime powder.

I would appreciate any suggestions you can offer me in this as well as some nice blush colors. I am also afraid of the slapped in the face look so I try to go subtle. I have and love Pink Swoon, the Hello Kitty peach one and Spaced Out but don’t use it. From online colors Tenderling looks pretty but haven’t checked it out in store. I really hate asking for help with blushes in the store as it seems the ma’s want to put something darker than I like on me. I remember one putting True Romantic on me and I when I left and walked outside I looked in the mirror and was like Holysh*t!, not a good color for me. I need something soft and not overpowering as I tend to do my eyes up more.
Thanks a Bunch

User38

Have you tried the Beauty powders? MAC's are lovely and very light in colors and textures are quite sheer. I especially love the Beauty powder from the Ungaro collection.
I have a similar problem and like to keep my blush as subtle as possible. For contour I do use the Sculpt or Taupe Blush, also the Wedge ES -- these work on me. I do use other brands when I want to contour but these are not MAC.

BEA2LS

i am also fair and if you want a light pretty blush my favorite is nars desire. i personally like a heavier blush look but that one is a light pretty pink
smiles.gif

shadowaddict

I think I would like something that is kind of between pink and peach would be pretty but not sure where to start. I get so intimidated when looking at blushes.