Poll: Favorite Colors For Darker Skin Tones

lafemmenoir

Thanks for the description

Quote:
Originally Posted by teka
NC 44 checking in!

Eyeshadows: nocturnelle (love this shade!), waternymph (great teal shade), club (flashes blue, green, and brown), amber lights (gorgeous gold) mulch (deep warm brown), woodwinked( smooth goldish-brown)

lipglass: factory made (rich earthy brown) limited, oh baby, snow girl(clear with sparkles), pink clash (frosty pink), sexy sweet (sunkissed copper) limited.

lipstick: diva (deep red), viva glam III (raspberry fuschia), coconutty (frosty taupe), gel (frosty blonde taupe), underground (chestnut, reddish brown) limited, unflappable (penny copper frost) limited

lipliner: currant (deep wine), chestnut (earthy brown), mahogany (reddish-brown)

pigment: maroon (my absolute favorite! rich maroon), copper sparkle (copper with gorgeous sparkle), rose gold (applies smooth warm gold), steel blue (medium blue with ultra sparkle) deep purple (great accent color...deep plummy purple with perfect amount of frost), rose (medium pink with gold sparkle)

skinfinish: metal rock (deep brown with bronze....great bronzer!), gold deposit (perfect gold with shimmer), so ceylon (subdued brown with ample shimmer)

Well, these are my favorites! Hope this helps!

thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif

iamxaviera

I know this is late, but I have just acquired nars exhibit and taj mahal. I have ambering rose and premeditated. I am working on getting sweet as cocoa. I went to my local CCS today and I saw a bronzer called Bronzeray Bronzing Stick (from Belle Azure.) I am about a nw 50. do you think it is worth getting, it just added a nice shimmer to my skin, but didnt take away from it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaHigher
Blushes/ HIghlighters: Shimpagne, Metal Rock, So Ceylon, Nars exhibit A and Taj Mahal, Raizin, Sweet as Cocoa, Ambering Rose

Stuff I'm trying to get to work: Pinks just don't work for me on the eyes..I'm trying still..and most greys don't show up on me how i'd like...I sometimes try to resist golds and oranges and browns on my skin, mostly cause they're the standard...but I can't always resist...

user26

NW45

I love:

Eyeshadows - Swish, Budding Beauty, Sushi Flower, Goldmine, Paradisco, FontaineBleu, Parfait Amour, Jewel Blue, Aquadisiac, Electra, Freshwater, Amber Lights

Lip Combos

Pink Poodle Lipglass
Pink Poodle Lipstick
Currant Liner

Prrr LipGlass
Chestnut Liner

Oh Baby
Chestnut Liner

Jungle Juice Lipstick
Nico Lipglass
Grape Liner

Damzel Lipglass
Vino Liner

Angelwing Lustreglass
Nightmoth Liner

Pop Mode Lipglass
Vino Liner

Other Items - Mineralize Skin Finish in Gold Deposit, NW600 Hyperreal Foundation, Smolder Eye Kohl

I'm NC45 and here are my fav's:

Eyeshadow: Shadowy Lady, mulch, cork, plummage
Lipstick: Honey Flower (nude), XS (red)
Lipglass: Beaux Lustreglass (I prefer these to lipglass)
Liner: Hodgepodge
Blush: Tantone for contour and Gingerly for color
Pigment: chocolate brown, blue brown, vanilla, tan

Katja

One of the MAC MUA told me I was an NC 35-40. (I don't wear foundation, but I wanted to know for reference) Filipino, dark brown hair, dk. brown eyes, yellowish undertones.

Eyeshadows: Paradisco, Mulch, Humid, Cranberry, Antiqued, Shroom, Aquadisiac, and Coppering. Stilife paint.

I have a light blueish-silvery shade from Sally's that looks great on me, but I want to find a MAC similar e/s. Any suggestions?

Lippies: Beaux lustreglass, Florabundance l/g (with a light hand), Love Nectar lustreglass, and Saplicious lipgelee. (I seldom wear lipstick)

I wear the traditional black and dark brown liners (not MAC), and I also like wearing peachy shades on my cheeks. I'm trying to venture out more on the cheeks, but I don't really 'do' blushes.

I wear the same Clarins liner in 'nude' everyday. As you can assume from above, I don't really wear vibrant lip colors either. My lips are like nightcrawlers, and I always end up looking too 'hookerish'.
winks.gif

One of my newest favorite e/s combos would have to be Stilife paint as highlight and base, Coppering in inner lid and blended above (but lightly), and Cranberry on the outer lid extended above. Then same lined on the bottom, as coordinating colors. Both top and bottom lined in black.
smiles.gif

Beachgrl07

I am an NC40 (East Indian, Irish Descent) and my faves are:

1. Eyeshadow: Amber lights, All That Glitters, Anything except for cooler whites and some coral colors.

2. Eyeliner: Any color generally works for me but most days I use my Dipdown Fluidline for a natural look.

3. Blush: When I bought my first Blushcreme, I thought I would have to grab a darker shade so I first bought Posey. Then winter came and my cheeks imitated posey's color every time I went outside so I stopped using it. Then I bought Ladyblush, a color I thought would never work for me and *WOW* it looks amazing on me! I just bought my first CCB in Virgin Isle and I adore this! It makes me look like summer is here already.

4. Lipstick: Lipstick is a little harder for me to pull off. I just don't care for the texture of 99.99% of them but I love MAC's Vegas Volt and Impassioned. I believe tan girls like me can pull these colors off!

5. Lipglass: I have two lustreglass's (love nectar, budding) and a plush glass (fulfilled). I didn't really like Budding when I received it in the mail because it looked really "cool." I love it now though!

6. Bronzer: I don't wear this but I do have a CCB in Bronze, which I bought more for my eyes than my cheeks.

7. Foundation: This has been the hardest thing to find but thankfully I found MAC's Select SPF15 in NC40, a perfect match and my HG!

Hope this helps!

bellezzadolce

more pretty combos:
eyes
artjam paint - base
falling star - lid
expensive pink - inner crease
twinks - outer crease
bamboo - brow

mauvism paint - base
star violet - lid
sketch - crease
era - brow

lips
nightmoth lip pencil
chic lipstick
star violet lustreglass

blasianbeauty

Hello Ladies!

I am new to this site, and sooo glad that I found ya'll!!!
I made my first MAC purchase (NW40 full coverage & bamboom paint & Blot Powder in Deep Dark). (I am half black & half filipina)
The lady spent lots of time trying to match my complexion. I told her that it is usually a nightmare trying to find a shade that does not make my skin look ashy or greyish. She did my make-up near the window, with the sunlight out. Finally we decided that I was NW40. I am now wondering if this is really the right shade. I thought I really liked it, but am starting to wonder if I am just desperate to find my color.
I took some pics and my face looks a little unnatural/cakey/grey. I really like the Blot Powder, although I wonder if it is a little too dark too. I see some photos of ladies on here w/a little darker complexion than mine, and there shade for the blot powder is lighter.

I guess I will go to the MAC counter again, just to make sure.

Also, what colors for eyeshadow/blush are good for NW40?
And if strapped for cash, what drugstore e/s colors are close/identical to MAC colors. (hoodwinked,etc)

Sorry for the book,

xoxox Blasianbeauty

LoveMAC25

I just joined the board today...Just wanted to thank you all for the suggestions! I Love Mac, but I normally stick to my foundation and powder refills and lip gloss. But I do want to experiment more and I'm taking these new shades into the store tonight! I went into the soho store about two weeks ago and had the MA recommend a blush for me. I chose Ambering ROse and he chose LoveRush. I love both of them! I'm an NC45 by the way.

anickia

Hey Gurlies!!!!!! i am a new member and I have been trying to get recomendations and suggestions. The MA told me that I was NW45 and i wasn't pleased looked too red so I chose Nc45 and loved the result. Hyperreal Nc45 and lovin it. thanx for all suggestions, it is helping in the building of my collection

anickia

oops!!! I'm not sure what hyperreal i played with them until i found the right one. must check that out

bellezzadolce

Lips:

cushy cremestick liner, jist lipstick, love nectar lustreglass
80% cremestick liner, bronze shimmer lipstick, ornamental lustreglass
Amber Ember Cremestick liner, lovey dove slimshine, oh oh plushglass

Eyes:

Base: Bamboom Paint
Brow: Arena
Lid: All that Glitters
Crease: Saddle + texture

Base: Magrittes Paint
Brow: Naked Launch
Lid: Patina
Crease: Print

BunnyBunnyBunny

I helped a woman last week with dark skin, maybe NC50, and I did Structural Brown with Honeylust over it on her eyes and it looked absolutely amazing!

blazeno.8

Now that moonbathe is out... Firespot! I love that color. Some colors that I like in general are:
twinks
mulch
antiqued
coppering
embark
naked lunch
bamboom (paint)

Those are just as far as fairly natural looking eyes go.
I really like mixing Chocolate brown Pigment with black nail polish. That's a really nice rich brown color.

makeupjunkie08

I'm NC 43 with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, whatdo you ladies think, do you think Russian Red lipglass would look okay on me?

Mirtika

Hi, MakeupJunkie...
I'm an NC43-44 latina and Russian Red looks nice on me. I wore it for thanksgiving--the lipstick, then the lipglass on top. I liked how it looked. So did hubby. None of my sisters rolled their eyes and said I looked idiotic. That's a good sign.
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

I'm wearing it in the following outside shot I have on facebook (I can't wear eye-makeup, so I like bright lips)--but I don't know if you can see it, what with it being facebook and not a huge pic taken on a cell phone camera: Login | Facebook

For Christmas, though, I wore Red, She Said lipstick with a swipe of Love Alert dazzleglass on top. I wanted a cooler/more pinkier look. That was purdy and very party-licious!

Mirtika

Blushbaby

NC50-ish here (I'm always changing colour with MAC!)

A few of my fave colours are as follows. I'm just rolling these off the top of my head so I know I've left stuff out

Blushers

MAC Loverush
MAC Raizin
MAC Blushbaby
Nars Crazed
MAC Sweet As Cocoa
Nars Taj Mahal
Nars Sin
MAC Format
MAC Breath Of Plum
MAC Frankly Scarlet
MAC Sunbasque

Eyes

MAC Surreal
MAC Steamy
MAC Parfait Amour
MAC Mulch
MAC Woodwinked
MAC Chrome Yellow
MAC Amber Lights
MAC Humid
MAC Bronze
MAC Electric Eel
MAC pencil in Navy Stain, Orpheus
MAC liquidlast liner in Brassbeat, Electro Lady

Lips

MAC l/g Instant Gold
MAC l/s Siss
MAC p/g fulfilled
MAC l/g Sapalicious
Lancome juicy tube in Melon, Chilled (think both may be d/c now)
MAC l/s Fresh Brew
MAC l/s High Tea
MAC l/s Coconutty
L'oreal colour juice gloss in Grape Soda
MAC l/l Hodgepodge

Pigments

Coco
Grape
Rose Gold
Bright Fuschia
Circa Plum
Pinked Mauve
Mauvement
Teal
Naked

Hope this helps somebody, somewhere.

GlamQueen21

I'm a NC50/NW50 and I love Shimmermoss, Electric Eel, Pink Venus and Parfait Amour. I want to get more bright colored eyeshadows since I'm in love with bright colors.