Portland MAC store?

OnaFyre

Does anyone know exactly when the Portland, OR MAC store opens? The mall where its going to be at doesn't know. And my friends at the Nordstrom counters don't know (they're tightlipped because they didn't get chosen to work there) It sounds like there have been some problems getting the location together. In april, I'd heard the loc was supposed to open exactly today (5/24), but I was at the mall last weekend and the store looks like its under MAJOR consturction... arg. :confused:

Side questions: I can only assume they would never put a pro store in Oregon, but can a non-pro get pro products at a pro store? Can a non-pro get pans/pallets at a regular store? I do a lot of work travel in the summer/fall and a pallet would be so much easier to carry than a bunch of pots. Thats why I needed the store to be opened today, I'm going out of town next week and I'm so sick of having to choose between an extra pair of shoes or pants and my MAC when packing.

Its supposed to open the 26th!

Its not a pro store. Its a freestanding. So there are no pro products. If you want to buy the other stuff there, you can!
smiles.gif

OnaFyre

So, I just called the Bridgeport Village office. They said June 6th. I'd REALLY love it if it were the 26th (I'm on vacation that day!), but based on what I saw on Saturday, there's just no way they would have the store ready in time...

coachkitten

I wish that they would open one up in Seattle! But Portland is going to be awesome! I am going to have to take a drive down there! Anyone know what Mall it is going be in. Washinton Square? Thanks for the info!!

OnaFyre

It's going to be at Bridgeport Village, which is a newish outdoor mall/shopping center in Tigard. It'll be a few doors down from the Borders, towards the inner courtyard... across the way from a brand new aveda store and a brand new origins store...

Katgirl625

It got pushed back to June 6th, say my sources.
smiles.gif
I can't wait...I hear they will also be having a grand opening party. i've told my girls that are went to work there that if I don't get invited that party....lol!

And it's not pro, but they will have the pans and the empty palettes. And pigments (yay!) they should also have the lipmix and glosses that come in the little squeeze tubes (I was just at a different non-pro store, and they had all of those)...

Anyone want to organize a grand opening trip???

cicconeyouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Man you guys are lucky! I hope that Seattle is next!!!

word! seattle is bigger, so it's not fair
smiles.gif

OnaFyre

jealous?! Just kidding. I've thought for a while that there needed to be one in the PNW and just assumed it would be in Seattle. Imagine my happiness and suprise when it turned out that Portland would be the place.
Anyway, does anyone know who all is going to be working there, in particular the manager? I heard a rumor that they brought in someone from the South Coast Plaza store in the OC/LA area (I sure hope not, the customer service at that store is HORRIBLE) I know Genine from the Clack counter is going, and another girl that I've never worked with from the Clack.

coachkitten

Hey girls! I just saw on Craigslist Portland that they are hiring for PT positions at the new MAC store. Just thought maybe some of you who are lucky enough to live by the new store might want to think about it if you are looking for a PT job/MAC discount!!
smiles.gif

Katgirl625

Domini (not sure if i'm spelling it right) from Lloyd is the manager. Janine from Clackamas is asst manager. I also know that Austie from Downtown is working there, and so is Nicole from Lloyd. I can't remember if George from Clackamas is working there too...

I cannot wait till this opens. I'm even more excited now that i have a PRO Card on its way to me..

Looks like i'll be going on a MAC spree in a few weeks!

OnaFyre

Alas, George from Clack is not going to the MAC store, much to my chagrin... Does anyone know how to get in touch with Janine? I'd like to get into her customer book. She was always so great to me at Clack, but I was already in George's book.

Katgirl625

Janine is fab, but she's not big into internet/email, etc.
I know she's calls KelliAnna at Clackamas to give her updates on the store, so maybe see if KelliAnna can get a message to her...otherwise, the store opens in two weeks, and I'm sure she'll be there a lot since she's asst. mgr

OnaFyre

Anyone have a phone number for the new store. Bridgeport doesn't have one and 411 doesn't have one... How irritating...
angry.gif

OnaFyre

I went yesterday. It was AWESOME! I only planned to get a 15 pan and maybe a few pallets and ended up dropping a whopping $250. I felt kinda guilty, but its all stuff I wanted that I can't get at Nordstrom.
Got a hot tip about a BIG event happing arround (I think a little before) Aug. 20th. I'll try to keep us posted.

FlaLadyB

WHO IS NEAR THE NEW PORTLAND STORE?????????? IMPORTANT!! THis one..

MAC at Bridgeport Village

7239 SW Bridgeport Rd Suite D-101
Tigard, OR 97224
(503)639-6287

OnaFyre

So, there's going to be a major opening event on the 17th of Aug and through the weekend. I'll probably be out of town, unfortunately, but in case anyone else wanted to go, you should contact the store to get more info. (503)639-6287