Pro Palettes- Limit of 3?

meaghanb2926

I drove 45 minutes to the nearest MAC freestanding store today to buy the Pro Palettes affter finally gathering the courage to depot all my eyeshadows. When I got there I told the MA I wanted to purchase 5 of them and she said that the limit was 3 per customer. I told her I just drove all that way and asked her if she could check to see if this was really true. She came back and said that she had checked and that the limits is 3 per day per person. Is this really true?

I plan on going ALL the way back tomorrow as I need 4 more so I am going to bring my husband with me just in case so that I can buy 3 and he can go in and get one more for me in case they limit me again.

It just seems odd that this is a permanent item and you would be limited to 3?
thmbdn.gif

MrsRjizzle

so weird. i am never been limited. i bougt 4 in the store a few weeks back and just the other day ordered 4 online

sofabean

REALLY? I've never heard this before... But then again, I never buy more than 3 palettes at a time... I wonder why they'd limit them since they'd be making more of a sale...

novella

Hi:

What are the pro palettes and what is the cost. I live in Toronto area. Can anyone purchase these?

~Crystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by novella
Hi:

What are the pro palettes and what is the cost. I live in Toronto area. Can anyone purchase these?

A pro palette is essentially an empty magnetized eyeshadow (can get blush as well) palette which can hold eyeshadow pans. Yes anyone can get these, but they are only available at pro-stores, and, according to everyone else above, there appears to be a limit on how many you can buy a day =\

I'm not sure about the cost in canada- but there is a very useful thread on all this in the FAQ section I think, that will tell you all about this topic!

HTH!

bebs

hmm.. well I have heard of this.. however I normally just talk to the manager on duty and tell them that I really need these as.. in this case just depoted my shadows.

I've almost been limited once or twice but they can over ride it as well, I used to buy a few things like that with 5 - 6 at time with little to no problem for it

starangel2383

that is a little strange, I have only bought the palettes a few times, and I dont think that I have ever been limited to a certain number of a product. I know that they limit you at the CCO to 3 per a specific product.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
hmm.. well I have heard of this.. however I normally just talk to the manager on duty and tell them that I really need these as.. in this case just depoted my shadows.

I've almost been limited once or twice but they can over ride it as well, I used to buy a few things like that with 5 - 6 at time with little to no problem for it

I have done the same thing and the usually let you get more than three. Like Bebs said just talk to a manager next time and they should be able to make an exception.

Ambonee

My boyfriend took me on a day trip to Vegas a few years ago (we live in Southern California) to go to the pro store. I wanted to buy 5 palettes as well. They told me no. I begged and pleaded, told them I drove all that way, to no avail. My boyfriend asked if he could could buy the other two and they said they had to check. They asked for his ID and went in the back, came out 5 minutes later and said no! I was so upset! They probably thought I was going to sell them!
ssad.gif

I think it just depends on the store and the artist who is helping you.
thmbdn.gif

lsperry

Boy, that is weird! I don't have a free-standing store to go to so I order mine through the 1-800 pro-number and ordered 4 at one time with no problem.

sofabean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambonee
My boyfriend took me on a day trip to Vegas a few years ago (we live in Southern California) to go to the pro store. I wanted to buy 5 palettes as well. They told me no. I begged and pleaded, told them I drove all that way, to no avail. My boyfriend asked if he could could buy the other two and they said they had to check. They asked for his ID and went in the back, came out 5 minutes later and said no! I was so upset! They probably thought I was going to sell them!
ssad.gif

I think it just depends on the store and the artist who is helping you.
thmbdn.gif

wth, why couldn't they let your boyfriend buy them?! that's what i do at super markets all the time when I need to buy more than a limit of a certain thing. i just bring someone else! lol.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofabean
wth, why couldn't they let your boyfriend buy them?! that's what i do at super markets all the time when I need to buy more than a limit of a certain thing. i just bring someone else! lol.

Me, too; I've even done this at a CCO 'cause they have a $ limit. So, I just bring someone else along w/me just in case my haul exceeds the quantity or limit.

II3rinII

this is really bizarre. i work at a freestanding store and i've never been told to limit the amount of palettes i sell. i mean hell, my manager WANTS us to sell all that we can. maybe it has something to do with ebay or something, here in jacksonville, we dont have all the "die hard mac addicts" - not many people have even heard of depotting, so usually if someone is buying a palette they get one and then a few refills for it. so ive really never had someone ask for multiples, but as a customer, ive bought a few at a time.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
Me, too; I've even done this at a CCO 'cause they have a $ limit. So, I just bring someone else along w/me just in case my haul exceeds the quantity or limit.

Yeah - I'd just have my husband (much to his chagrin) help me. Actually, a CCO I went imposed the limit on my, but they allowed me to split my purchase if I paid with 2 different credit cards. I didn't spend over the limit, but I got more than 3 of one item - so it was 3 items on one card and the 4th on a different. I think if the MAs really want the sale, they'll make the exception.

invadersads

i'm a little confused about the whole pro palette thing. i have 2 but i bought both on ebay. can someone who is not a pro card holder still buy them? or can you only buy one if you're pro? and if so, does that mean anyone could buy them at a cco or do you have to have a pro card?

aeroSOUL

it depends on the store...
if you would havent have said he was your hubby or asked that question and just told him to buy the rest, they wouldn't have known. you gotta be sneaky sometimes. Some store only get a certain amount of palettes in and they limit them to make them available to EVERYONE..
if you have your PRO card, there isn't really a limit on palettes, but there is other limits, like 5000 (after discounts) is all you can spend in one year using your card.