Problem with Humid e/s

Cruella

I absolutely love the color in the pan but when I apply it, it turns this icky gray! I have light eyelids and I use a base and the color is fine when I just slap it on. However, when I try to soften it by blending, it turns hideous. The same exact thing happened with UD's Mildew. Has this happened to anyone else or am I just a mutant
winks.gif

n_j_t

One of my friends has this same problem with Humid--it turns a weird gray on her. So no, you're not a mutant!
smiles.gif

valkyrie

No problems with Humid here, and I have light eyelids as well. You must indeed be a mutant
winks.gif

Maybe it depends on the colours you pair it with? I tend to use only other greens with Humid.

Jennifer Mcfly

^ Hahahaaaa!
Try using it maybe as a lower liner and concentrate the color. Or pack it on the lid and try not to blend it to much. If you don't blend it out too much it may not change on you!
Good Luck!

user4

i've never had that problem with humid... i'm going to go home and check it out though and see if it happens. i've never really noticed!

Cruella

I usually wear it with golds and other greens. Even when I use it by itself it happens. However, if I use it to line it is okay.

asnbrb

yay mutants!!

no, but it tends to pull the same stunt with me when i used to blend it out. now, i only concentrate on the very very edges when i blend and really pack on the color.

blueyedlady87

I use mine over Bare Canvas paint as a base and I have found it to be one of the most pigemented, true-to-color eyeshadows ever. What brush do you use? The 242 is excellant for layering on coloring and getting it to show up.

kimmy

i've never had that problem with humid. but like litlaur said, maybe try using a different green to blend out over the humid? that might help. or using a green base...that might help it keep its greenness
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie_doll_713
I use mine over Bare Canvas paint as a base and I have found it to be one of the most pigemented, true-to-color eyeshadows ever. What brush do you use? The 242 is excellant for layering on coloring and getting it to show up.

Yes! this Paint really works well with humid and doesn't change the color at all!

CaptainMac

Yes, I'm another mutant when it comes to Humid. It's a beautfiul color on the pan and on others, but on me it looks dirty and gross and not greenish at all. But I'm stubborn and continue to give it chances every now and then, thinking "maybe this time..." But no, it always has the same nasty look on me.
If anybody has any suggestions of a darker green that I could use in the crease when I have lighter greens on the lid, I'd be very appreciative if you'd let me know. Thanks!

litlaur

Velvet Moss is a nice matte (technically veluxe) bold green to use in the crease.

5-5ao.jpg

Femme Noir is another good one, but it's much darker. I don't have any swatches or pictures with it on, though.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, I'm pretty fair also, and have found using the beig-ing shade stick works really well as a base for me. Humid looks just fine when applied over it. Good Luck!

caffn8me

I've got humid (I got it for a particular look I want to do with someone else) but haven't used it yet. I guess I'll have to go and try it and see if I am a mutant too! It wouldn't bother me if I was - normal is just so passé these days
winks.gif

Cruella

Found a solution to my mutation!

I applied it with a sponge applicator and the color stayed true. However, Humid still looks like crap on my eyes
ssad.gif
Dark green just doesn't work with my eye color or skin tone. Oh well.