PROM!... the makeup, hair, skin, and everything else!

crazy4lex04

My prom is on May 30th, and I still can't decide how i want my hair or makeup. Any suggestion? This is my dress... the red one.

2a82c3992f675493080b02d954cda38f.image.300x400.jpg
0110e1a4a9f83fbe42f767f80a57c5f4.image.150x200.jpg

I would also love suggestions for my skin! Should i use some glitter, tanner, anything? and recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated!

amoona

Pretty dress. I'd like to give a recommendation - keep the make-up classy. Don't go crazy. For your hair it really depends - I personally perfer my hair to be up because with dancing its easy to get hot with your hair down. The hairdo on the girl in the black dress is cute.

Baby Mac

I would keep my hair simple and elegant..maybe pulled back in a sleek bun...simple but chic makeup as the dress is beautiful..and the colour really stands out..i would go simple and elegant..let the dress speak for itself...
Thats what i would do...if that were my dress
smiles.gif

jpohrer

Gorgeous dress! You should look for photos of celebrities on the Red Carpet for the 2008 Academy Awards Ceremony for makeup inspiration! Lots of celebs wore red dresses that night! You could also check out the Dita VGVI SE facechart on the MAC website. Fairylite pigment would be great to use on your face and body! Have a great time!

purrtykitty

Gorgeous dress! Definately keep the hair simple and up. I'd steer clear of glitter and tanner, because I think red looks fabulous on pale skin, but that doesn't mean you can't use a bit of shimmer...like mixing in a little strobe cream in your moisturizer. For makeup, I think maybe some subtle browns/bronzes for eyes, glow-y cheeks and a soft pink lip. Have fun!

SARAHheartsMAC

I think neutral cream or bronzey eyes and a bold red lip wolud look fab. I agree with the hair up in a bun. LOVE your dress

xx

versace

id probably wear my hair down because i find it more effective.but my suggestion would be don go for crazy hairstyles,people on proms and weddings always overdo it,and it looks so fake.
my makeup would be probably black eyeliner and neutral lips,if that was my dress.nailcolor in same color as dress.just dont over do anything dress is so stunning

xxsgtigressxx

I would do an updo, only because the neck line and such is so beautiful, you really wanna showcase that without your hair being in the way. Plus if you get sweaty from dancing you'll look more put together with an updo. Just pleeease dont do an updo with like a bajillion curls cascading everywhere and jewels and glitter, its sooo tacky. I would suggest something sleek, pretty, and timeless so that you dont make fun of yourself in like 10 years haha. Also, I dunno about a red lip, you already have the red dress going on, I think its too much with a red lip. Plus, its just my humble opinion, but I know I could not (as well as most people) carry off a red lip so young. It looks forced. I would do a bronzey-taupe smokey eye using maybe woodwinked or satin taupe as a base color, and adding something like mulch for depth. Put something pretty and shimmery on your inner tear ducts and on your brow bone. And as for your lips, Id keep them neutral and glossy. Its a sophisticated yet still sexy look and it wont look like you're trying to hard
smiles.gif

Le-Saboteur

I completely agree with the above poster.

I think, if your hair is long, you should definitely do some sort of up-do. I think something like a french roll would be cute. I also agree on the red lips thing- I think you're wearing toooo much red to go for a similar colour lip. Just keep it neutral and toned- down. I think maybe a bit of highlighter across your collar bone area (... cannot for the life of me remember what it's called) would be all that you need; skin wise.