Question about applying at Mac

xcutiepie331x

Lately Ive been thinking about applying to work at the MAC counter at Macy's. I was just wondering if you have to have a professional makeup license to work there or not? I heard that anyone with skills can simply apply, but I wanted to make sure. I would really appreciate the help. Thankss!!

Bernadette

You do not need to be licensed. Bring a resume and a protfolio if you have one
smiles.gif

ash10spro

you dont need a license, but at my counter, 2 years of makeup experience is a MUST to even apply!

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash10spro
you dont need a license, but at my counter, 2 years of makeup experience is a MUST to even apply!

If I may ask, what location are you at??

ash10spro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
If I may ask, what location are you at??

im at the lehigh valley mall counter in macy*s in good ol' PA =)

xcutiepie331x

Thanks! However, I dont have any real makeup experience. Also, I dont have a portfolio, but I want to start making one. What do they expect out of it? Does it have to look really nice and professional, and how many pictures should I include in it? Any help would be really much appreciated!!
smiles.gif

ash10spro

The book should look as professional as possible, but that doesn't mean you have to spend big bucks for one. do makeup on friends and family and take GOOD pictures of the results. recommended size is 11 x 14. make sure to include various skin tones, textures, eye colors, etc to show versatility! HTH!