Question about the d/c'd Studio Finish Satin?

trina27

I have not used this before but was at my CCO yesterday and bought it since it was in my shade NW20. So I'm playing with it today and the color and finish are good. But the smell is horrible! It takes about 20-30 minutes for me to either get used to the smell or for it to wear off. Is this normal? Or is this a sign that it should probably be tossed? The only other MAC foundation I have tried was Studio Fix...which I didn't love.

martygreene

Both the studio finish matte and satin had a sort of... unscented sunblock-y smell to them. It generally went away pretty quickly for me.

I actually wish I had a CCO closer to me, to pick up a bottle of NC15 in both the satin and the matte. I wish they hadn't been discontinued, they were and still are my favorite formulations.

little teaser

what is cco? the studio finish satin was my favorite which mac foundation now gives the same finish? i just bought sff and im not likeing it i have been useing face&body which i love just wanted to try something diffrent im thinking about returning it to try select spf or hyper real oh and by the way im new here hi guys!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by little teaser
what is cco?

It stands for Cosmetic Company Outlet (but really the actual name of the store is Cosmetic Company Store, I believe) which can be found at some Outlet malls. They sell Estee Lauder and their subdivisions at discounted prices (30% I believe). It's usually hit and miss what you'll find there though, but usually pretty worth it
smiles.gif

To find one near you, go here: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/centers/index.asp

HTH!