Quitting an Office Job to work for a Cosmetic Counter???

krazygelabean

Hello Everyone, This is my first post on here. I have been searching all over the place on anyone that has been thru this. So long story short, I work in a office job that pays fairly well, paid holidays, paid vacation, benefits, medical and weekends are free. I have recently applied and in the process of interviewing with MAC Cosmetics at a Nordstrom location. I have the makeup demo interview tomm, after plenty of interviews with dept manager, MAC manager and MAC's MRO. The position I'm applying for is an On Call position. Which obviously means, everything above that I am receiving at my current job (benefits, weekends, etc.) will not exist in the On Call position. :( Anyways, I feel so selfish going for a job that I know is my passion (I love retail and I love doing makeup) that I can see myself excelling in, in the future. My job right now is not my passion, but it has supported me and my family for many years and I saw myself doing that forever, and doing makeup on the side. But when this opportunity came I knew I couldn't pass it up. I know this is my life, and you all don't know me. But have you ever been in a situation that you had to choose between the safe choice that you are unhappy with (settling) or the risky choice that you will be happy at but don't know if it will pay the bills? Haha! Any feedback is very much appreciated. And sorry my long story short went to short story long!

bobaerose

Hang in there and do what makes you happy! I am going thru traing with Chanel beauty as a cm and its a departure from my background as well. Life is meant to be enjoyed and keeping true to your choice career :) best of luck!

SunshineOne

You can work as an On Call Makeup Artist for MAC and keep your 9-5. I would do both. You make your "on call" availability for the weekends when your off from the full-time. I've did this for many years in the past. This is a good way to ease your way in and supplement your already stable income. HTH