Rec for nail growth

semtexgirl

Anyone have a recommendation for a nail growth product? I have QTICA Natural Nail Growth Stimulator but wondering what everyone else uses if you break a nail and are really impatient (like me) while waiting for it to grow out again. I won't put a tip on for an instafix b/c they do more damage than good in the long run.

Krasevayadancer

I personally like nailtiques, combined with regular manicures nails will grow stronger and longer
smiles.gif

Ernie

My manicurist also put a tiny piece of silk on the broken nail. It's looks great and lets your nail grow out nicely. I use Mystic Nail as a top and base coat. Keeps my nails strong.

semtexgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
My manicurist also put a tiny piece of silk on the broken nail. It's looks great and lets your nail grow out nicely. I use Mystic Nail as a top and base coat. Keeps my nails strong.

Hehe, mine does that too, but I ended up breaking the nail anyway while using a really crappy manual can opener.

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtexgirl
Hehe, mine does that too, but I ended up breaking the nail anyway while using a really crappy manual can opener.

That sucks.
hmm.gif
Sometimes I just know I'm going to break a nail and I still continue doing whatever I should'nt be doing with my nails.

Quiana

Appearex can be found at CVS and Walgreens. Each tablet has 2.5 mcg of biotin. I started taking two a day and my nails have never been this long or strong. It took about three months. My nails no longer peel or break on the sides.

I also use Creative Nail Supply Solar Oil daily. Just rub it into your cuticles and nail bed to keep everything hydrated

erine1881

i use nioxin recharging complex. it is a dietary supplement that helps hair, skin and nails become healthy. your nails will grow like crazy. i have to cut my nails every week to keep them supershort. just an fyi, your hair (ALL your hair) grows like crazy too.

maggiep07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
I personally like nailtiques, combined with regular manicures nails will grow stronger and longer
smiles.gif

yes! nailtiques formula 2+ is the best!
put it on everyday for a week and your nails will look great!

hunnybun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
smiles.gif

totally agree. this is the best stuff that i've tried. it makes your nails so strong and healthy. i couldn't live without it.

S.S.BlackOrchid

My nails tend to peel at the tips. I like Total Nail Rx in the pink bottle (I found this at walgreens) because it keeps my nails from peeling and tearing.

cdnaddict

i have really weak nails that ALWAYS peeled as soon as any white showed up. SO aggravating! and to make matters worse i picked at them when they started to do that.

my MIRACLE nail product is definitely nailtiques formula 2. i bought it online at Essential Day Spa Skin Care decleor dermalogica obagi (out of BC). my friend, an aesthetician, recommended this to me. told me my nails would "grow like a b%&$@" haha. she was right! after nail envy, everything sally hansen, estee lauder, revlon, rimmel... this was the only product that worked for me!

tiramisu

I really love and constantly recommend people try butterlondon Horsepower Nail Fertilizer. They're based in the northwest U.S./UK but you can order online here You're out of his league : butter LONDON : Long Live Nails
I have never had any drugstore or higher end brand come close to keeping my nails strong and they grow so fast !! with this stuff; I have a history of weak nails b/c I am constantly washing my hands, plus I used to be a nail biter (eww! I know)... even the BF notices my "damn claws" as he calls them LOL, even though I keep them relatively short.

doniad101

I like to use Nutra Nail 5-7 Day Nail Growth. This stuff works miracles for me. When I use it faithfully for 5-7 days I do get longer nails. However I do have to use a base coat that helps keep my nails strong and long which is either Nailtek's Intensive Therapy/Foundation II, or Barielle Nail Rebuilding Protein. I also faithfully put on cuticle oil.

V15U4L_3RR0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
biotin or any prenatal supplement.
winks.gif

Dont use Pre-natal suppliments!!!!!!! They are only meant for when you're pregnant and can cause liver damage if you use them when you're not.

urbanlilyfairy

This product called HEalthy Hoof by jena ..it is amazing ..its old skool ..pretty freaking cheap and a jar last foreverererer ...I think you may be able to find it at a cvs or sallys. IF not you can order it at Folica.com

Healthy Hoof Intensive Protein Treatment that is link..

The stuff is beyond amazing ..srsly ..it's an all in one cream sord of its pretty think ..i just dab my finger in it ..and put some on each nail then massge it in..

great for cuticles, nail strengther, growth, great on your feet for callouses ..OMG i cannot reccomend this stuff enough ..it seriously my HG nail product ...

PLS PLS try it ..you will love it. hehe

and folica sells the big jar ..and the drugstore i always found a small one ..but even that lasted me almost a year.

great stuff hehe ..if you try it ..let me know if you liked it hehe.

Latest posts