Removing eyelash glue without ripping your lashes out!

Kragey

I love to wear false eyeslashes. I also love my Mehron eye make-up remover, which is insane and removes everything off of my face with little effort...except for eyelash glue.

That wouldn't be such a huge problem, expect I use eyeliner and the lash glue tends to "pick up" the color. I'm glad it sticks and I'm glad it blends, but it can take me 3-4 days to wear off the rest of that black-colored lash glue, and it's REALLY annoying!
angry.gif

I have trichotillomania, so I'm hesitant to rough my eyelashes up in the first place. I also wear down my nails a lot, so I can't exactly "scrape" the lash glue off with those. (Yeah, OCD! </sarcasm>) The only thing I've been able to think of that may remove the lash glue is spirit gum remover, but I really don't want to buy a whole bottle of spirit gum remover just to use it once or twice a month. (Although, I may be prompted to wear falsies more often if I can get the damn glue off more quickly!)

Suggestions? Recommendations? I've never heard of this problem before, so I'm pretty stumped.

Almond_Eyed

I use the cheap Maybelline eye makeup remover and it takes off the Duo eye lash glue easily. I just soak a cotton ball or Q-tip with remover, gently work it in, and the glue just balls up and comes off.

Nicala

Try extra virgin olive oil! Soak a cotton pad with EVOO, place on eye and hold for a few seconds.
smiles.gif