Reputation.

MiCHiE

And, posters can click on the little scale on the left hand column beneath your name and info to add reputation points (I'm guessing). In some forums, you can't 'thank', so you can add to that person's rep if you'd like.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Why are there dark green and then light green reputation blocks? What's the difference?

Of the top of my head it's a visual scale of your reputation points, with the alt saying defined by your reputation points balanced against your post count (i.e. mine says 'lara has a reputation beyond repute').

BunnyBunnyBunny

"BunnyBunnyBunny has a spectacular aura about"

xD How cute.

"Astronaut is a glorious beacon of light"

Haha, these things are so adorable!!

yummy411

i'm still a little confused, cuz you could have to green lights and it will say... xxx wants you to show them some love??? i think that's what mine says lol

Shimmer

That means that where the dots are on the 'rep scale' makes it display that.
You gain reputation by being 'thanked' for posts, or by people clicking on the scales and saying 'i approve' and offering a comment.
If you click on the scale and say 'I approve' it will raise that members 'rep count'.
If you click on the scale and say 'I disapprove' it will leave a red dot and decrease the rep count (at least it does on other vbulletin forums, I've never red dotted anyone here).

Rep is something you can probably over look and not take seriously. I've seen people set a lot of store by those little dotsunder their name.

MiCHiE

Yes I'm so happy people, for the most part, thank you or ignore your post. I gave a neg. rep to a nail tech on a MB and she PM'd me about it---pissed! Even worse, she was a head board member and even told me that was how she knew I left the neg. rep on her. So I left her another negative and stopped posting.

Shimmer

yeah, the negative rep (aka "red dots") can start fights because let me tell you something, people do NOT LIKE being red dotted.
lol.gif
They take it PERSONALLY.

Shimmer

yes, you can red dot a post.
I'd really rather people didn't start doing this here, but it is one of the features of the site.

Janice

No worries, negative reputation has been disabled since the forums' inception for all non-staff usergroups. It's simply not part of the atmosphere I would like to promote on Specktra, and more importantly can be easily abused and thus high in liability, so I saw no need to have it as an option for standard members.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
No worries, negative reputation has been disabled since the forums' inception for all non-staff usergroups. It's simply not part of the atmosphere I would like to promote on Specktra, and more importantly can be easily abused and thus high in liability, so I saw no need to have it as an option for standard members.

GOOD!

Mien

I have a question about the
reputation.gif

Whenever I click it to ad to someones rep. I get a vBulletin message saying:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 'username' again.

What does that mean, how can I 'spread it around' if I keep getting these messages?

Shimmer

you have to give rep to different people throughout the usage, not just to the same people over and over again.
The thing is that the 'thanks' feature counts as using rep, so you'll have to spread it through the members of the site, and not just one core group. But, since the 'thanks' feature does count, you may find that a lot of the people you've 'thanked' aren't able to receive rep from you.

Very circular sentence, sorry for that, i'm multitasking, I hope that helps though.