Reviving mac eyeshadow

MACLovin81

hopefully i put this in the right section..i depotted a mac eyeshadow today bamboo actually and its one i use on my regular everyday looks... i used the heat method and now there is no color pay off i cant even get color the shadow is hard. i tried scraping off the top layer spraying some fix plus made it work but then it dried again..alcohol didnt work... does anyone know how to give CPR to eyeshadow???? thanks in advance

kariii

I've depotted at least 90 shadows and this has never happened to my eyeshadows. I'd be so mad if it did happen! I think you've already tried everything I was going to suggest, I think you ruined it more with the fix+ though
ssad.gif

VintageAqua

The same thing has happened to me with Shroom and Kid. The only thing I did that seemed to work is scraping off the top layer using a spoolie. I have a feeling this happens to a lot of matte shadows because it also happened to my ONLY Emote blush! :-( I think it's caused by overheating.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

MACLovin81

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariii
I've depotted at least 90 shadows and this has never happened to my eyeshadows. I'd be so mad if it did happen! I think you've already tried everything I was going to suggest, I think you ruined it more with the fix+ though
ssad.gif

hehe thanks for replying i actually thought the fix + worked but that was for like 10 seconds but yea im sure i did ruin it with the fix+ bamboo was just like the perfect matched color of my eyelids it evened everything out i just got it a couple months ago so i dont think ill be buying another one anytime soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageAqua
The same thing has happened to me with Shroom and Kid. The only thing I did that seemed to work is scraping off the top layer using a spoolie. I have a feeling this happens to a lot of matte shadows because it also happened to my ONLY Emote blush! :-( I think it's caused by overheating.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

thanks for the advice i tried scraping the top and its still hard... i think next time i buy a matte color ill buy it in pan form only

masaabza

The exact same thing happened to me yesterday when I depotted Embark. I don't think I can even take it back since it's already depotted. I have depotted so many matte eyeshadows, but this has never happened to me before. There is absolutely zero colour payoff. I am really mad
ssad.gif