Revlon, now on the gel eyeliner bandwagon

HeavenLeiBlu

Is this the one with Helle on the display? I meant to post about these when I saw them a week ago. I guess I'll just wait on reviews, because I have way too many liners now, LOL

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by -moonflower-
I havn't seen it, but I'll have to keep a look out.
Is it just in black, or are there colours?

I've only seen the black and brown

gore_mon_amour

I actually saw this at Bi-Mart about a week ago (I was buying supplies for a camping trip, and of course had to swing by the itty bitty makeup isle to see what they had). It comes in blue, purple, brown & black.

I bought it in black. Some blogs are reporting it to cost 10/11; I paid just under 7 bucks for it.

It comes with a little dinky brush that doesn't work well at all... Unless of course you want your brush to apply & scrape off product simultaneously! haha

You really have to work with this product to get a smooth, seamless, continuous even line of the color. It IS indeed *possible*, but it takes way too much effort to make it look nice. Even with my quality brushes.

It takes a long time to dry, and smudges very easily.

And when you DO want it to smudge just a wee bit... well it just doesn't look right. And smudges unevenly.

Creases like whoa, no matter what primer precautions you take.

Fades an incredible amount after about 3 hours. Or it melts off entirely. I'm not sure which. =P

I'm not patient enough to use this product on a regular basis ... I'll stick to my Fluidline & pencil liners.

And I'll probably give this to my sister. She's just now starting to play with makeup (at age 20) - she'll appreciate this & have fun playing around with it.

Just my .02!
greengrin.gif

I think since this was posted that Wet and Wild has come out with gel liners, black, brown, plum and navy (same as all the other drugstore gel/cream liners) but they are only $3.99.

reesesilverstar

I saw these at Walgreens yesterday. The purple one looked sooo pretty. Like a deep amethyst. Ooooo... I'm sad they crease bad tho...

miso_hungry

It comes in black, brown, blue and purple. I got the purple after seeing what a beautiful colour it is. It does a horrible job of being an eyeliner, but using with UDPP then apply a little with your finger and it works like a cream eyeshadow. UDPP really helps with the creasing. So if you girls bought it already and are feeling like you can't possibly use it. Give it a try as an eyeshadow.

raen

I bought this yesterday. Paid wayy too much money for it at Wal-Mart (11.65! plus 13% tax!).
It doesn't stay on long enough to dry and straighten your hair. *sigh* You have to work realllyy hard to get it on and make it look black.
I'm not impressed.

Jean

I just bought this in Charcoal and I hate it! The brush gives a way too wide line (I like a subtle, thin line). I wish someone would bring back a cake eyeliner or even Revlon's wet or Dry eye shadow which I used to use and loved. This gel might work better if there were a way to thin it down. It's like trying to line your eyes with spackle. :(