Sally Girl Sparkle Effect Loose Glitter

aziajs

Has anyone tried Sally Girl Sparkle Effect Loose Glitter? It's available at Sally Beauty Supply. It comes in vials that cost $1. There are about 9 different colors shades and it sparked my curiousity when I saw someone use it in a YouTube video so I went out and grabbed it.

QTAllStarGurl

I've heard really good things about them...was the person on youtube shandra by any chance?? b/c im pretty sure she uses them and i'm really interested in them...lemme kno how they turn out!!!

aziajs

Below are some pics of the glitter for anyone interested.

PA070034.jpg

PA070042.jpg

PA080004.jpg

LittleDevil

I just saw this thread and ran to Sally's and bought all of them plus another purple color that isnt showing above. Awesome deal for .99

SparklingWaves

I purchased all of them from Sally's too. I was told that you need to buy the adhesive that comes with it. I did. I haven't used them yet. I was going to use them for Mardi Gras.
smiles.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I purchased all of them from Sally's too. I was told that you need to buy the adhesive that comes with it. I did. I haven't used them yet. I was going to use them for Mardi Gras.
smiles.gif

I bought the adhesive gel too. It's not bad. It's kind of thin and isn't completely smudge/budge proof.

BadBadGirl

Are these glitters eye safe? Will the adhesive keep them out of my eyes? If not I'll just use Ben Nye's glitter glue because I hear that works amazingly.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
Are these glitters eye safe? Will the adhesive keep them out of my eyes? If not I'll just use Ben Nye's glitter glue because I hear that works amazingly.

They are partially eyesafe. I haven't tried the glitter glue so I can't say how well it works. I will give it a try though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
How much is the adhesive and what does it look like?

I really appreciate the photos too, thanks!

SBS-388609.jpg

Here's a pic. It's $1 as well. It's a liquid-gel consistency.

aziajs

I used the glitter glue today and I like it so far. It's only been a couple of hours but the glitter is staying on without a problem. I patted a thin layer of glitter glue on my lid, over my shadow, and let it get tacky. I then patted a little glitter on top of it. I don't know how well it would work with a thicker layer of glitter.