Saving an old shadestick?

xxAngelxx

I don't know how I missed it, but I just found my Gracious Me shadestick in the back of my makeup "cupboard." Its pretty dry but I don't want to throw it out. Its almost full!
ssad.gif
Anything I can do to save it or is it just a lost cause?

M.A.C. head.

Hmmm.

The only thing I can think of is to melt it down and stir a few drops of mixing medium into, then let it harden. You might be able to use it as a potted base of sorts *shrugs* I always add mixing medium to my mascaras when they get a bit dry, works like a charm.

amber_j

Depends how dry it is. Have you tried rubbing the tip across the back of your hand for a while? Or warming it above a flame from a lighter or candle (but don't place it too close!)? Or even just chopping off the bit at the end and seeing if there's a fresher layer underneath?

Otherwise I'd go with the mixing medium idea above, which sounds really good.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j
Depends how dry it is. Have you tried rubbing the tip across the back of your hand for a while? Or warming it above a flame from a lighter or candle (but don't place it too close!)? Or even just chopping off the bit at the end and seeing if there's a fresher layer underneath?

Otherwise I'd go with the mixing medium idea above, which sounds really good.

The shadesticks are flammable and can flame up if hit with a match, so I would avoid that. If you want to heat it up, I would suggest a shot with the blow dryer. You could also try spritzing it with Fix+.

NatalieMT

I have the same problem with my Royal Hue!
ssad.gif
I'll be trying some of these ideas too. Will let everyone know if I have any success.

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
The shadesticks are flammable and can flame up if hit with a match, so I would avoid that. If you want to heat it up, I would suggest a shot with the blow dryer. You could also try spritzing it with Fix+.

Much safer idea! I've read a few horror stories on here about eyeliners and lighters.